1974 3.0 csi for sale

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Plenum and runners are powder coated which I agree gives them a much different look. That is one reason I choose tumbling and clear coating.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 164

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
and that's the way they should look- silky smooth... a dusting of matt/satin clear is hardly noticeable if you just gotta have something on them to help with cleaning

keefer

Reaction score
Chris,

The runners on that car are blasted and then sprayed with clear Endura. The gloss shows much moreso in pictures than in person. But agreed. More for protection than anything, and can easily be changed.

labcars

Reaction score
My car

Guys, my former car. It was lots of fun to do, and has led to a friendship between Chris Keefer and I. Chris also did my 2002tii, which has strong personal significance to me, dating to my wedding day 30 years ago. The e9 went in a package with another vehicle for the next "gotta have" ('14 Aston Martin Vanquish...don't ask). The dealer it went to and I are also good friends and, oddly enough, the car ended up with a very close friend of mine who also uses and is also friends with this dealer. Small world, but the car stays in the family (my friend also owns my 550 Maranello, which I had ordered new in 2001). As to my comment in the Roundel piece about the car not being for sale, my friend who bought the e9 likes to say that when I buy a car and say I'm going to keep it forever, he knows it's his if he wants it in 6mos!!

BTW, Chris Keefer and La Jolla Independent are the best!!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
.. The e9 went in a package with another vehicle for the next "gotta have" ('14 Aston Martin Vanquish...don't ask). The dealer it went to and I are also good friends and, oddly enough, the car ended up with a very close friend of mine who also uses and is also friends with this dealer. Small world, but the car stays in the family (my friend also owns my 550 Maranello, which I had ordered new in 2001).

Wow, how can I enter that small world of friends? I can bring a Corona sixpack just to blend in :).

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey, a Corona sixpack ain't gonna do it........gotta be at least a case....with the limes!! :)

No, My friend who's buying the car is not a web forum kinda guy.......he's very low tech! :)

I am in, myself being a luddite I will get along fine with the new owner.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And the seller is asking 89k?
Does this mean an unrestored injected car is worth 30 grand now?

Yes- if it's a solid starting point... ie, Italian delivery car with everything present and minimal rust. Original injected cars will lead the pack in appreciation IMO.

I'm surprised that the work was only $58k, no money was made on that deal.

m73

Reaction score
A good shell is 20k.

Not to be sarcastic, but where did I place that 20K check?.....hmmnmm...

Its like a 'work of art' and some of those are definitely not worth their asking price.

Cheers,

MF