1974 3.0CSL on BaT

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Funny thing is I never heard from Alec.

His loss, but I am sure this one will sell pretty good.

His other assigned Sahara 3.0CS (one owner) is at my friend’s in Burbank for some repairs before I guess listing!

Attachments

• 566dc6b6-f00b-4c78-ae0c-ce32d1136dc7.jpeg
    566dc6b6-f00b-4c78-ae0c-ce32d1136dc7.jpeg
    424.2 KB · Views: 93

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Near nothing for showing what the car 'really is'. Hardly any pics showing the dark corners we all know hide the problem spots.
Who knows what that will do to the hammer price though... It does show very well. Hope it is as pretty 'under the skin' as the areas visible lead you to believe.

Also - Is it just me or does the ## stamping on the block look odd? Just something about the very very clean surface of the pad around the numbers and... Dunno... I know my 2002 and E9 didn't have that clean a look around the numbers.... Oh well... Moving on....

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is a, close to 300,000$ restoration cost bill (not including cost of car) in the documents provided.

IMG_2526.jpeg

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Also - Is it just me or does the ## stamping on the block look odd? Just something about the very very clean surface of the pad around the numbers and... Dunno... I know my 2002 and E9 didn't have that clean a look around the numbers.... Oh well... Moving on....

I noticed that as well but I'm not sure, couldn't find more than one other picture to compare to.

Screenshot_20230918_110827_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20230918_084736_Firefox.jpg

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
And now he blew right past my post asking about the missing info... I feel sorry for the seller (not the cosigner).
This is a 'no-reserve' auction to boot.....

Edit - I don't feel sorry for the seller/owner as he is the dealer as well....

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I noticed that as well but I'm not sure, couldn't find more than one other picture to compare to.
I have my engine out and took a pic. Note the spacing of the "3 . 0" on mine as in the other pic by @Gransin, also mine has a "200" inside an arched frame (what's this for?). Also, no digits are out of alignment - weren't these done by a machine where the last digit would change after each stamp? The + signs on the BaT CSL seem to be done in 2 steps with a flat sided tool of some sort. Not trying to stir the pot here, but I'm curious.

IMG_4076.jpg

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Near nothing for showing what the car 'really is'. Hardly any pics showing the dark corners we all know hide the problem spots.
Who knows what that will do to the hammer price though... It does show very well. Hope it is as pretty 'under the skin' as the areas visible lead you to believe.

Did you see my post on the 71 block date stamp?

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
He keeps digging his hole deeper and not realizing it...
I feel like responding again - but will refrain (for now). May post a response later (after I have a glass of wine this evening -LOL)
One of the best things I learned in my first few months of professional life (and one of the best lessons my first lead gave me) -
Never argue with an idiot (or words to that effect).
While I don't too often - it can be entertaining at times. :)