2.8 Resto Mod

tightbox

Reaction score
Looks like a nice car, was the engine upgraded during the overhaul?

Last edited:

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
I once owned that car...personally imported it from The Netherlands in 1999 from Brove.

See photo of Art Wegweiser and a much younger me, along with the car, at 2001 Oktoberfest held in New Hampshire.

The car is a beast.

Attachments

• 0000000_01_ADL2257_Front.jpg
    0000000_01_ADL2257_Front.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 217

RonP

Reaction score
. I purchased this car in a bulk sale with a ton of coupe parts and an inka orange 3.0 csi. This car has been owned and has been at many car shows in the east. Both previous owners are members of this forum, and have been for a long time. I have spent a ton of money on the car getting it to a higher level. It probably isn't everyone's taste....certainly wasn't mine. The people that know me here, know that I don't put crap cars on the market. The car is for sale, so don't let a "phisherman" lead a real buyer astray....it will be sold, but probably not to anyone on this forum.

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yeah, at that price I am interested. If it goes much higher I want to know more about the car and the seller.

Anyone know this car and/or the seller?

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's one more photo of Art lecturing me about coupes.

Attachments

• 0000000_01_ADL2257_Rear.jpg
    0000000_01_ADL2257_Rear.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 197

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ron -- Thank you for providing more information in response to my request. As I am sure you know, there are a lot of folks jumping into these cars merely to flip them. It is helpful to me that you are familiar with these cars and that this particular car is well known on the forum.

I cannot get to LA before your auction closes and I have never spent $30k on anything over the internet, so, if your auction is successful, so be it. If not, however, I might like to get to LA and check it out.

RonP

Reaction score
Ron -- Thank you for providing more information in response to my request. As I am sure you know, there are a lot of folks jumping into these cars merely to flip them. It is helpful to me that you are familiar with these cars and that this particular car is well known on the forum.

I cannot get to LA before your auction closes and I have never spent $30k on anything over the internet, so, if your auction is successful, so be it. If not, however, I might like to get to LA and check it out.

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sounds great! The funny part about this story is that I had gone to Atlanta with the sole purpose of securing the CSi and the parts. Once I got there, I couldn't stop staring at this car!!! Chuck and Josh were both cracking up at me!

I am told there is a certain addictive quality to these cars.

TodB

Reaction score
I remember that coupe up at Ocktoberfest at Waterville Valley. Trunk lid lip still weighted with lead?

Always liked that car.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sounds great! The funny part about this story is that I had gone to Atlanta with the sole purpose of securing the CSi and the parts. Once I got there, I couldn't stop staring at this car!!! Chuck and Josh were both cracking up at me!
Ron,

who had the orange csi in atlanta ... never knew about that car ... how long ago?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So, why is a guy in Sacramento selling an earlier version of this same car for sale for $28,500?

http://www.bmwclassicparts.com/gallery/bmw/bmw-cs-coupes-for-sale/Rons+Euro+2800CS/

The pictures of "Ron's Euro 2800 CS" show the same Arizona plate as is on the car now, but it is obvious that the seats, steering wheel, and expansion tank have changed and the strut brace is new.

I looked at that ad previously; the newer ad is much more enticing. Still, this seems odd.