2.8 Resto Mod

tmason

Reaction score
Just how is this legal without the owners consent? Ok you (Ben) gets a call and someone wants to look at it,just how does he get away with showing the car to a buyer.I don't under stand how this works? And it's on his website to boot!

TodB

Reaction score
Evan Esterman
Don't get me started. Bought my E28 from young Evan. Quite the "experience" to say the least. Run from this guy.

Scofflaw

a person who flouts the law, especially by failing to comply with a law that is difficult to enforce effectively.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Don't get me started. Bought my E28 from young Evan. Quite the "experience" to say the least. Run from this guy.

Scofflaw

a person who flouts the law, especially by failing to comply with a law that is difficult to enforce effectively.

....is this why guns are so prolific in the US ? :D

jamesw

Reaction score
Sahara came from Evan Esterman too - and from the documentation that came w/ the car - it looked awesome in the listing. When the restoration shop started on the rust repair - holy smokes! I'm glad I have those pictures - $13K in repairs to a car that looked pretty good.

Cheers
James

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Why doesn't this one sell?

this looks like a great car so why doesn't it sell? Seems to have all the right stuff:
Euro config with a really superior interior ( the scheels alone are worth over $2000), the right suspension/wheels/5spd, etc. only missing A/C ( and many of us have not functioning A/C).
Already has $1000 worth of spoilers. Seems like a great starting point for a hi-PO driver.

amg5872

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I like it and i am still looking for one of these. I'll ask my usual question: could someone 6'7" drive this car comfortably with those seats? I've sat in what i believe was a stock 73 e9 and I had plenty of head room but would have had to move the seat rails back to have enough leg room. Curious if these seats would help or hurt the fit for a tall driver...

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I like it and i am still looking for one of these. I'll ask my usual question: could someone 6'7" drive this car comfortably with those seats? I've sat in what i believe was a stock 73 e9 and I had plenty of head room but would have had to move the seat rails back to have enough leg room. Curious if these seats would help or hurt the fit for a tall driver...

The scheels definitely sit taller. I think it may be very tight for you. I'm 6'2" and I have to recline and slouch a little w my scheels.

TodB

Reaction score
Already has $1000 worth of spoilers.
When I saw this car a million years ago at Ofest in NH, the rear spoiler had been shaped and molded into the rear deck I think with lead (really). You did not want that thing crashing down on your head as it was very heavy.

I am also surprised it hasn't sold. It be a fun one to just bomb around in and do a few track days though I suspect the color is not doing it any favors. Its been "Perryized" and it looks great!

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love the color ... Because it's different

When I saw this car a million years ago at Ofest in NH, the rear spoiler had been shaped and molded into the rear deck I think with lead (really). You did not want that thing crashing down on your head as it was very heavy.

I am also surprised it hasn't sold. It be a fun one to just bomb around in and do a few track days though I suspect the color is not doing it any favors. Its been "Perryized" and it looks great!

These are rare cars tha should stand out from the crowd on color.