2800 CS made from stainless steel

tmason

Reaction score
I wonder what the cost different's would of been to make them this way?

lloyd

Reaction score
Why two side mirrors?

IMG_4306_zpsmb1pj5tw.jpg

(No one wanted to fix any holes left by removing the Talbot fender mirror - with the installation of the traditional trapezoidal door mounted version? Someone in charge was a "Mod"?)

Mod_Mirrors_scooter_mod_revival.jpg

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Why two side mirrors?
(No one wanted to fix any holes left by removing the Talbot fender mirror - with the installation of the traditional trapezoidal door mounted version? Someone in charge was a "Mod"?)

Yep, they feared the unprotected hole in the stainless steel would rust and the house of cards would collapse.

When I test drove an i3 the salesman said BMW pioneered electric cars when they built three protos in 1972, now they can say they pioneered stainless steel.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yep, they feared the unprotected hole in the stainless steel would rust and the house of cards would collapse.

When I test drove an i3 the salesman said BMW pioneered electric cars when they built three protos in 1972, now they can say they pioneered stainless steel.

Wasn't that Al Gore?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wasn't that Al Gore?

Actually it was Aluminum, and it is named indeed after Al Gore.

The Russians point to Mendeleyev, but they also say it was Ostrogradsky and not Gauss, and that they sent a dog to space, and blah blah.