2800 CS Trunk Emblem Removal/Install

sbscott

Site Donor
Reaction score
Removal:
-Does anyone have a suggestion for removing and installing 2800 CS emblems?
-My current emblem has hollow posts, and I‘m not sure the best way to loosen them up from the inside - pic below.

Install:
-My new emblems have solid posts but aren’t threaded. Any advice is much appreciated!

Current emblem posts:
1596267611257.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As I remember, there are little clear plastic sleeves that go into the holes from the outside ... then you push the new badge into the sleeves. when removing the old ones, the posts usually break off, so the reattachment of old badges is usually done with double stick.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those hollow posts look peened to keep the trunk badge tight. I'd use a fine nail set to tap it out or drill the ends very carefully.

New badge should have longer posts. Can use speed clips, hard rubber grommets or small acorn nuts.

Trunk roundel Grommets.jpg

Trunk Badge Acorn Nuts.jpg

Last edited:

sbscott

Site Donor
Reaction score
As I remember, there are little clear plastic sleeves that go into the holes from the outside ... then you push the new badge into the sleeves. when removing the old ones, the posts usually break off, so the reattachment of old badges is usually done with double stick.
Thanks Scott. Looks like Chris will be sending the fastener/sleeve info.

sbscott

Site Donor
Reaction score
Those hollow posts look peened to keep the trunk badge tight. I'd use a fine nail set to tap it out or drill the ends very carefully.

New badge should have longer posts. Can use speed clips, hard rubber grommets or small acorn nuts.

View attachment 98420

View attachment 98421
Thanks Andrew. Will try to tap them out with a fine nail first.

You’re right, the new badge has longer posts. Great info - much appreciated!