40cm Petri on ebay: No Reserve

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice, but that's a lot of money for a wheel the size of a school bus steering wheel.

It's a great wheel and looks fantastic on our Coupes. 40 is a very comfortable size unless you are very petite in which case buy a Nardi. The current bid of $650.00 is not out of line at all.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's 2cm smaller than the original wheel and does not feel too large at all. A great size for the cabin space. I suspect this will go for big bucks and will seem cheap in a few years.

Nice, but that's a lot of money for a wheel the size of a school bus steering wheel.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's 2cm smaller than the original wheel and does not feel too large at all. A great size for the cabin space. I suspect this will go for big bucks and will seem cheap in a few years.

I agree. I really want this but can't justify a wheel that is 1/3rd the cost of my car. I think these will be made of unobtainable shortly, especially NOS.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I dunno, but my legs hits the stock steering wheel. For me to drive it, I have to go 14" or smaller; hence aftermarket.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
For a Canadian, Ebay and the seller are charging about $250 in shipping and import charges. Our dollar just hit .74 USD today. I almost feel like a Porsche 911 owner now.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
j have a 40cm petri - its a great wheel. this one looks to be in very nice condition. the metal looks good. anything below 800 with the correct hub and horn ring is a good price - way below what ego_bgo is trying to sell them for with a fake hub and wrong horn button.

dive in, you will never be sorry 3/8" different in radius from the 38cm wheel.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Perfect size for the Coupe. Funny though that the seller states "no reserve" and the starting bid is $650 ...

I find no fault in the approach. I appreciate the transparency actually.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought a 40cm Petri from Hans Wortelboer in The Netherlands for $850 with a convertible hub that will work with a CS or 2002 with a 2 minute change from brass ring to brass pin. 8)

Looking forward to see what this ebay auction brings.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes you're correct but in this case I see it as a more than reasonable opening bid, not like Ego Bigo's unreasonable ones. Kinda like when they start the 250 GTO at 20 million when they know it will go for 40 :razz:

Not criticizing the approach, but doesn't a starting bid of $650 equate a reserve of $650 ?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not criticizing the approach, but doesn't a starting bid of $650 equate a reserve of $650 ?

I think this shows he has a minimum that he will accept. I have seen a few eBay "auctions" for $xxx.xx or best offer" I make an offer and it is rejected and the seller never sells. At least this way you know the opening ante. Or think of it as a published "reserve" taking out the guess work.