5 slat kidney grille reproduction in stainless

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Apologies for lack of updates on these guys, plenty of things going on lately and unfortunately the coupe has had to take a back seat. Having tried the grille on another front panel, there are definitely some small tweaks to do namely some slight narrowing and realignment of the grille holes. Perhaps an idea to send my spare front panel back with the grille so that they can be test fitted with that

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Apologies for lack of updates on these guys, plenty of things going on lately and unfortunately the coupe has had to take a back seat. Having tried the grille on another front panel, there are definitely some small tweaks to do namely some slight narrowing and realignment of the grille holes. Perhaps an idea to send my spare front panel back with the grille so that they can be test fitted with that
Update please ?

Reactions: CTD

Marc-M

Reaction score
If this list is still there - please can you add me on - and if there is an option for the black slats that would be fab. if not i will go with the standard one

Thanks

Marc

EuroE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
I‘m also interested in one or two with the polished slat shipped to Spain.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Having had a bit of a back and forth with the supplier I'm not entirely sure if the quality is at the level where I'd be happy to supply on these. The main thing being the mounting studs being accurate and general straightness/appearance.

Still trying to find some solutions with it although it's taken a bit of a back burner.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great challenge and a lot of clarification with the potential supplier - thanks @nosmonkey for you efforts!

Maybe sending them a bolt pattern in a form of wooden form with the holes inside the milled grille shape would help, but as it was mentioned before each E9 might have different opening for the grille with different mounting tabs. Original aluminum grille was "self-adopting" during assembly. It could also be easily bend to fit the holes on the coupe.