Reaction score
Pic of my 55 Ford with first snow fall today

Ford.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
More progress. Tires seem to be holding air so far (no tubes). I have the front half of the paint cut a couple times but the back half is just sanded 800/1500 ready to be cut. I like both looks... shiny and dull (not at the same time though). :)

Attachments

• front-left2.jpg
    front-left2.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 183
  • side-right.jpg
    side-right.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 181
  • cut and polish2.jpg
    cut and polish2.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 183

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Rustoleum enamel on the running boards...

Attachments

• running-board.jpg
    running-board.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 174
  • running-board-2.jpg
    running-board-2.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 51gM9-slkGL._SX342_.jpg
    51gM9-slkGL._SX342_.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 196

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
A little progress... Cleaning up the engine compartment. Air cleaner is just sitting there for the photo but I'm going to repaint it since it bugs me a little. Wiring next...

engine paint.jpg

engine paint2.jpg

engine paint3.jpg

engine paint4.jpg

engine paint5.jpg

engine paint6.jpg

engine paint7.jpg

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
2 different clamps on the cabin heater hoses ( which changed routing a lot ) …. not for purists ! :p:D

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
2 different clamps on the cabin heater hoses ( which changed routing a lot ) …. not for purists ! :p:D

It's the other way around for old American farm trucks. You use whatever you have so if it's too nice you can't hang with the truck guys. I'm going for the clean overalls crowd not the khakis and tennis shoes crowd. :D

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Have you decided to keep it? (i.e., did you give it a name yet?...)

Not keeping it. My list is getting pretty short, almost to the point of selling as is. I need to change the windshield gasket (I have a new one), change the headliner (I have a new one), clean up the wiring and add a rear tail light (have the parts and new lights) and the biggest and most important on the list is mounting a spare tire holder (have an old one) and refurbishing a spare wheel for it. So in other words, I need time, not parts or money for it. If I get into Spring I'll sell it in it in whatever it's current condition is. I can tell I'm getting close to finishing one way or another because I'm starting to think about my next project. :)

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
A little more work completed. Wiring is basically done. New wiring for all the lighting but did not add turn signals. That's what left arms are for.

Before...
firewall.jpg

After...
engine comp wiring.jpg

Tail lights...
tail lights.jpg

Headlight ring...
headlight ring.jpg

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
dang, for what is that manifold vac line going trough the fire wall ? Brake booster ? seems small for that…. ?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, wipers. They're not hooked up and I don't plan on doing it before selling. They're pretty cool though unless you're accelerating or going up a long hill, then you lose your wipers. :D

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
never seen that… yes , my Corvette had a vac door to open before the (electric ) wipers could came out.
Ok, so one must idle trough the rain :D