71 2800CS Tundra Green $16.5k

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At second thought- I would not hack her up.... It is an awesome color- reminds me of the colors of the Hot Wheels cars I had in the 70's

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wish I had the funds to buy it. I'm still looking for my first but I'm wife just talked me into buying a bigger house. I would prefer to die in a car then a living room.
Perfectly priced for what I'm looking for! Wrong time unfortunately. Women can ruin everything that's fun.

@Denniskennedy from Phila: I am Steve O'Neill (oneills on here) from Bucks County. There are at least half a dozen coupes in the Del Val that I know of. And a cherry 72 tii about a mile away from me. We do drives on beautiful Sunday mornings. Where are you?

my phone: 215.620.7687 [email protected]

Steve

Denniskennedy

Reaction score
@Denniskennedy from Phila: I am Steve O'Neill (oneills on here) from Bucks County. There are at least half a dozen coupes in the Del Val that I know of. And a cherry 72 tii about a mile away from me. We do drives on beautiful Sunday mornings. Where are you?

my phone: 215.620.7687 [email protected]

Steve
i live in Doylestown boro by the court house.

That's awesome that there are that many coups in the area. I hope to make it one more one day. At this rate by the time I get a chance to get one they will be sitting at 35k for a shell.

Last edited by a moderator:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i live in Doylestown boro by the court house.

That's awesome that there are that many coups in the area. I hope to make it one more one day. At this rate by the time I get a chance to get one they will be sitting at 35k for a shell.
Dennis, didn't we talk once before when you were looking? Since you are so close, I am in Solebury, a mile from Dilly's up the hill on Rt 263, why don't you ride shotgun with me on our next drive.

Steve

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Okay - dumb question time. ;) I've re-read this thread a few times, and I am trying to figure out what is going on. Peter, are you buying this to re-sell it to a different member? Why wouldn't a member buy it directly? What is a "pass through"? Are you doing work to it first? Again, just dumb questions - please don't take offense. I am just trying to learn the dynamics.

And yes, Jay - I believe Chris has maybe listed another coupe from this driveway. He seems to have a knack in finding coupes and parts. I know I have picked up parts from him at reasonable prices - and no shipping costs as I drove down to meet with him. :D

Stephen -- Yes, this seems odd. Let me tell you a little story about Peter. Annabelle showed up in the for sale section of the forum about seven years ago now in Austin, TX. The guy who posted the ad was not the seller, he was instead a "car guy" who lived down the street from the seller. The car spent the first several years of its life in CA, seller purchased the car, moved it to Austin, TX and owned it for 42 years. Annabelle had been sitting (lonely and sad) for five years before my acquisition.

Peter offered to look at the car on behalf of forum members, and began a series of conversations with "car guy." I expressed interest in the car, and Peter talked "car guy" into letting him bring it to his shop for an evaluation. This was not done for me specifically; instead Peter said he would tell the "car guy" exactly what he had, and would also post on the forum his evaluation. The day Peter completed his evaluation of the car, he spoke to "car guy" who passed along the evaluation to seller. Peter also posted his evaluation here. The next day seller dropped the price, and before Peter could return the car, I bought a plane ticket to look at it. Peter calls "car guy" and says "why don't you leave the car at my shop for a few more days so I can put it up on the lift for Chris. If he buys it you won't have to move it again." Peter picks me up at the airport, puts me up at his ranch, goes over the car with me and I buy it. As if that is not enough, he allows me to leave the car at his warehouse until I can arrange shipping. Oh, and while we were evaluating the car we found some melted stuff, including a fuse block, some wiring and the tail light assembly caused by a half-assed stereo install. When I pick up the car, I find in the trunk a replacement tail light assembly and a series of blue masking tape labels on the melted stuff that needed to be fixed.

I'm convinced the Car Gods sent Peter to me to help me buy my car.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What a wonderful story, and another testament to the great members on this forum. Very cool.

Well, expanding the story to include great members of the forum, Chris Macha evaluated a picture of the area behind the glove box for me while I was at Peter's shop looking over the car. He was on the sidelines at his son's soccer game at the time.

You can't make this stuff up.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interiors' important pieces are reported to be excellent- wood, dash, leather though needs love. I should be finishing up the transaction this week, another forum member is helping with temporary storage, I'll get it down here and do a total assessment at which point I'll decide what can be done with it. I LOVE the color!!

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks again folks but there's a fine line between being a decent chap and being a F'*ing jerk, many a person have told me I've crossed that line, and still others have said I stayed on the other side :-/

I do want to take this moment to announce the recent acquisition of the above-mentioned Tundra. I have worked a purchase with Chris and I'll be getting some help from other members in the temporary storage/transport of the vehicle. I think one of the deciding factors besides my need for torture is that it's warming up in the Chicago area and I'm not afraid of driving up there with my trailer and gathering said vehicle. I am also not exactly sure what I'll be doing with her ???

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey, Peter. Please post here or PM me when you determine your Chicago-area timing. Maybe a small departure ceremony would be in order.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks again folks but there's a fine line between being a decent chap and being a F'*ing jerk, many a person have told me I've crossed that line, and still others have said I stayed on the other side :-/

I do want to take this moment to announce the recent acquisition of the above-mentioned Tundra. I have worked a purchase with Chris and I'll be getting some help from other members in the temporary storage/transport of the vehicle. I think one of the deciding factors besides my need for torture is that it's warming up in the Chicago area and I'm not afraid of driving up there with my trailer and gathering said vehicle. I am also not exactly sure what I'll be doing with her ???

For some, having a personality=jerk, opinion=jerk, disagreement=jerk, questioning=jerk. Those are subjective. Now, "F'ing jerk" is usually a mile past the line and unmistakable. That's all you can really worry about in the end.

If you're doing this trip in the Tacoma, I feel like a wuss. I borrowed a friend's F250 recently because he offered and I wasn't sure about pulling mine 90 miles on I-44. Might be quite the adventure if the winds are cranky.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jay, everything's up in the air including which vehicle I'll procure for the trip and which gentleman's club I will find my co-driver in :) (BTW, My X-wife put me unmistakably a mile past the line) }:-]

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
While I deny any experience by which to judge, for the price of an evening of dances and rail drinks at a decent club, you can probably fly up & get a full-size truck & car trailer from United Rentals.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey, Peter. Please post here or PM me when you determine your Chicago-area timing. Maybe a small departure ceremony would be in order.
I am about an hour and a half north, but would be delighted to trek down and participate in the departure ceremony. Let me know when you dial in the timing.