72 club racer

Klassic

Reaction score
Just finished (if you ever can) a period type club racer. Its been a lot of fun putting it together, and I will debut next week at the Skope Classic meeting here "Down Under" in Christchurch New Zealand. IMG20230112144240.jpg
IMG20230112144359.jpg

Barry.b

Reaction score
She is beautiful
Well done !
What engine/ running gear have you got on her ?
She’s awesome

Klassic

Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comment.
Period type AP closed calipers all round, coil overs front and rear, spherical bearings etc.
M106 tickled up a bit producing 420hp on the deck. I have plans to build an NA screamer on triple Webers at some stage, but the turbo unit will do the trick for the moment.
Body has been extensively lightened and stiffened, weighs in at exactly 1200kgs.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m curious about your windscreen. Did you stick with glass or move to polycarbonate? I know that @lafngrvy was looking to switch out the glass on his Luigi ages ago. The common UK outfit doesn’t sell the front.

Klassic

Reaction score
Glass front and rear, its a local requirement under our classic racing rules, however, acrylic for the sides is acceptable, so its fitted.
Sorry I can't help with the Luigi car.
Years ago I had a CNC business that, amongst other things, we made a pattern for a front windscreen so the acrylic could be formed over the top of it. Alternatively I recall that one can take an existing glass screen and have a Poly /Acrylic sheet heated and draped over the top of it to form a new lightweight screen. Maybe someone out there in "Coupeville" will know about this??

Klassic

Reaction score
Thank you.
The wheels are a copy of an essentially European design of the period, a design that was adapted and commonplace in Australia and New Zealand during that time.
15" x 10".

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Glass front and rear, its a local requirement under our classic racing rules, however, acrylic for the sides is acceptable, so its fitted.
Sorry I can't help with the Luigi car.
Years ago I had a CNC business that, amongst other things, we made a pattern for a front windscreen so the acrylic could be formed over the top of it. Alternatively I recall that one can take an existing glass screen and have a Poly /Acrylic sheet heated and draped over the top of it to form a new lightweight screen. Maybe someone out there in "Coupeville" will know about this??

No worries on Luigi. I was interested for myself.

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have plans to build an NA screamer on triple Webers at some stage
Beautiful, cosmic coupe!! I hope you plan on capturing the race on video.
BTW, when you start your side draft build, I happen to know the guy who makes the best M30 side draft linkage kit in the world. Check it out here:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful, cosmic coupe!! I hope you plan on capturing the race on video.
BTW, when you start your side draft build, I happen to know the guy who makes the best M30 side draft linkage kit in the world. Check it out here:

Have you no shame? This isn’t bmw2002faq.com!

Klassic

Reaction score
Beautiful work as always. Wishing you a dream run at Skope. Might even see you there :)
Appreciate your comments. Hopefully you will show your CSL project with the forum so we can all enjoy looking at the fabulous work you're up to.
No doubt we will catch up at Skope, and all the best for your awesome and very special JPS, GP A E30 entry!!!!