73 3.0cs - chamonix w/ m90 - Houston

bdigel

Reaction score
Dyno #s are posted , seam weak for M90 with tripples and headers ? also Im not sure its actually an M90 ,oil filter canister is wrong for m90 , also cyl head has 84 stamped on it but has a block off plate where the fuel pump for early carbed car would have gone , niether would have been on M90 .

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
169 hp at rear wheels ... doesn't seem that impressive. as i remember, stock would have been 200hp / 205hp at the crank.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oil canister is fine, ’84 carbed head is no problem as long as they drilled the extra 6 holes.
Hp seems weak for triple Webers but Torque looks nice.

Last edited:

Tim D

Reaction score
Not a fan of the burled wood (also seen on the Chamonix car for sale at Coupe King) or the CSL stripe. Otherwise looks fun. Wonder why they didn’t put a five speed in it, considering all the work done? Maybe 4 was considered more convenient for a daily driver in stop and go Houston traffic on surface roads, not the freeway?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
there is zero difference in the 4 speed and the first 4 gears of the 5 speed. the 5th gear is an overdrive which would help on freeways outside of Houston. we both know that for the majority of any day you can't drive that fast on the freeways relatively close in. for those that haven't been to Houston in the last 10 years, as an example - interstate 10 west of the 610 loop is now 22 lanes wide ... and its always full. i just came back from a week visiting my wife's family and drove from the SE corner to the NW corner and everywhere in between. had i known this coupe was coming up for sale, i would have liked to have seen it.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
..for those that haven't been to Houston in the last 10 years, as an example - interstate 10 west of the 610 loop is now 22 lanes wide ... and its always full.
My wife says of course! If she had to cross 21 lanes to exit the highway it would take her 100 miles to exit, and would explain why the highway is full of people trying to exit.

BrewKaiser

Reaction score
Lewis was the wrench on this car in Houston. Well known and respected for his work on coupes.
Mr. Allen speaks highly of you as well, @sfdon. :)

As the new owner of this excellent 3.0 CS I am very excited to take delivery and be a part of this community. Lewis was kind enough to return my call and spend 30 minutes on the phone giving me the ENTIRE history of this vehicle. I will be owner #8 and hopefully it's last before passing it along to my son. By then I hope it is 100 years old and they still sell gas or some other synthetic fuel.

Based on what Lewis told me and all the other conversations I have had with people who have seen or worked on this car I think I lucked into a real gem here. Could not be more turnkey.

I'm sure I'll have questions and will be reaching out on this forum.

I'm located in the Sacramento region and hope to meet up with any and all other e9 owners in my area.

First order of business is finding a reputable shop in my area that will carry on the the excellent care and attention that Lewis at Munich Motorwerkes has afforded this car for the last 40 years! I feel like I'm not buying a vehicle so much as a piece of history.

BrewKaiser

Reaction score
You bought solid, real, well maintained. You can say in your case that you invested in a car.

Nice.
Appreciate the vote of confidence. I'm not a big fan of buying something site unseen, but the representation and history on this one seemed exceptional. I certainly have invested in many years of enjoyment. I do intend to drive it and maintain the care and previous investments that have preserved it so well. I could never do to a 3.0 CS what has been done to this one over the years without breaking the bank and pissing off upper leadership. I consider myself fortunate.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can you translate "Upper Leadership"?

Is there another word for that?o_O