'73 CS for sale

AutoMotion

Reaction score
I've been driving this car around town quite a bit this summer. Definitely a fun ride!

New Price $5,800

Frugal wannna-be coupe owners: Am I getting warmer?

(by "wanna-be" I mean those who want to own a coupe but currently do not)

The door gaps are very good, and there is no door "sagging" or hinge area issues.

Last edited:

AutoMotion

Reaction score
I took a deposit on the car today. Buyer is arranging shipping to Colorado.

Thanks everyone for your wisdom and tough love.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale! Just in time... you would've kept it if you drove it much longer. ;-)

Dan

AutoMotion

Reaction score
I might be kicking the hornet nest here: but why is it that a fellow e9coupe forum member would be willing to pay nearly double the $3k "recommended purchase price" for my car? Let's not forget the added expense of cross-country shipping.

I do appreciate this site as a research tool and a source of support & info from other members. However; I do not appreciate speculative nay-sayers telling me my car isn't worth my asking price!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I might be kicking the hornet nest here: but why is it that a fellow e9coupe forum member would be willing to pay nearly double the $3k "recommended purchase price" for my car? Let's not forget the added expense of cross-country shipping.

I do appreciate this site as a research tool and a source of support & info from other members. However; I do not appreciate speculative nay-sayers telling me my car isn't worth my asking price!

Good news, especially if the owner restores it to its former glory.
For a full restore it may not matter if you pay 3k or 5k, the main thing is to do it your way. The same gene responsible for 80% of kitchen remodeling projects in the country.

Please don't take any feedback personally, the board tends to err on the side of protecting the buyer, which makes sense when I think about the fact that I have bought 7 used cars in this country and never sold one...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score

Like I said, I'm glad you seem to be happy with the selling price and hopefully it worked out good for both parties. That said, you are a dealer are you not? I know I've had someone tell me my asking price was too high on pretty much every vehicle I've ever sold (private party), its expected to a certain extent. You're also knowledgeable enough to know how forums are about vehicles listed for sale. Personally, I think you've handled it better than most that have posted cars in the "hornets nest" and I'm sure if you have other cars for sale that interest the members here they wouldn't hesitate to deal with you.

Dan

d-ace

Reaction score
It reminds me of that show “Pawn Stars” sometimes-selling a coupe on how buyers act. Appraiser (body shops, restoration shops) checks it out says it the real deal worth tens of thousands of $$$, then you hear “NO you’re not going to see that I will give you $3,000 for it, then its time to get out the sucker stamp. How some of these coupes metal bodies clean in and out made it this far is amazing.

Last edited:

AutoMotion

Reaction score
It makes sense that potential buyers would watch out for each other on here. After all, the forum is the only place where you can post your feedback on a car that's for sale.

I do appreciate the feedback and I wish there were more honest car dealers out there. I try to be an exception to the rule.

I sold both my E9 coupes, but I do have:

1976 633 CSi: 78,000km original, 4spd, cold A/c
Manufactured 4/76: It's one of about 300 633CSi cars made in the first-year production run. All Euro-spec equipment is intact, and the body was not cut for DOT marker lights. TopazBraun Metallic paint with tan leather / houndstooth inserts. Period Momo steering wheel. later-model alloy wheels. $6,800

Call / Email me for more info

Attachments

• 633 CSi.jpg
    633 CSi.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 124