73 POLARIS E3 BUILD...Slowly..

Rear window in, just need to sand/polish the trim and put that in.
Rear sub almost ready..waiting on the correct bearings for the inside hub. It’ll be wild to have the rear end on its wheels!
*you can see the battery cables coming into the trunk..0ga should do the trick
IMG_2441.jpeg
IMG_2378.jpeg
 
Noooooooo!!!! Does it really? Seems like such a tiny little ‘rudder’ on the trim..shoot
*window goes in easily with one person, so I guess I can pop it back out..poop
 
Trim in rubber, rubber on glass, glass in car... you probably run the risk of putting too much pressure on the glass when trying to push in the trim piece.
 
Rear window is ready to go back in. Cleaned up the trim and got it installed..Pheew..(yes, I keep the windshield on a 200 year old antique couch..)
Rear subframe is in and roller wheels and tires are on. Rolling body cart thingy has been retired, too. Yay!
Gas tank is cleaned and painted. New u clips coming tomorrow, then I’ll pop that in.
Probably close to disassembling the engine to do the hi comp pistons, cam, valve springs, rockers, etc.. I did a sympathetic rebuild 9 years ago for a nice stock refresh, but I decided to go all in and make a screamer instead..:-). Feels weird tearing an engine apart that never even ran..lol.

IMG_2480.jpeg
IMG_2469.jpeg
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dlc
OMG, that was a PITA getting that window in on my own…the screws for the headrest bracket were stabbing me in the back. I’m dyin ovah heeeah…
But it’s in the correct way now…I hope..pheeew..
IMG_2490.jpeg
 
Back
Top