A/C Console remake in Fibreglass. Do you need a set?

A/C Console remake in Fibreglass. Do you need a set?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

tygaboy

Reaction score
I saw these today, along with @tferrer Tyson. I've done a fair bit of composite work and can best sum things up by saying "I wouldn't want to have to make these." The fact that Alberto has taken this on and we now have an option that'll outlast the rest of the car? Well, we're lucky to have replacements available at nearly any price. HUGE Thank You! to Alberto and his crew.

aguirola

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind replies!
The various details on production cost, delivery time, etc., are on post #38.

On this production run, there will be a limited supply due to time constraints.
Place a deposit, and you will be in line.

Thank you for your kind support.

Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
Well, it is that moment to please be kind with my time and my thoughts.

This is reality, not a sad story, as actually I have been very happy and pleased to have served you with quality and integrity.

I am a coffee grower, not a parts maker. I do it to provide parts to enthusiasts as me, great and honest work to my guys,
as for me the gain is nil vs. running a farm with 200 people. Come visit!

Only one person still wishes for two more sets. I will produce them, and then will stop production as
none of the others that expressed interest came through with a request, and I will not risk with leftovers.

Only 1 reply out of 6 or 7 interested. Amazing.

The Alfa Romeo bunch require their parts, the Dino guys want theirs, the cars are rising terrifically in value as E9's have,
and if I do not show some effort in their regards, eventually no one will be happy, neither them nor the E9 group.

I really have limited time to comply with all the demand, and dislike not to provide.

My main guy, the genius behind all this great work, is getting old, tired, and has health issues, 40 years of fibreglassing.
One of these days, he will quit, and that will be the end of it all. Personally, I am getting old too and do not want
to invest so many years in training someone else to be as talented. I still have to restore 8 cars, with 3 guys,
well actually 2, as one took off via the 'back door' to the USA, sadly only to be deported in a few months.

Just wished to remind you about the HUGE cost we have undertaken based on your enthusiasm alone.
Realistically...a lower price? Impossible to, as it would be for the sport, and we cannot perform under these conditions.
Imagine, I put my time, engineering, knowledge into it, and charge less than $10 x hour, and yet crickets in the forest.

Please consider I travel with strange parts in my luggage, have to package it, ship it, request payment. That takes time
out my 'free time'. I can very well tell you: you want it, I will ship it from El Salvador, guess the cost?

It really deflates the balloon, or better yet, it pops it.
Eventually, a year down the road, someone will want these console sides, and I will not be able to provide.

We have shelves of parts that everyone wanted, then disappeared. Please look at 2002 faq, and look up " trunk bins"
I still have 1 left from 3 years ago or so.

Don't shoot the retriever while hunting, regretfully it does not work well.

Regards, and thank you, to all the kind and satisfied supporters.

Alberto

Last edited:

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alberto, I'd buy a pair if I had a A/C car. I frankly don't get the reluctance to spend money for perfect parts. If you are restoring an e9 w A/C, these pieces are a bucket of water in an ocean of time, money and labor spent on a coupe restoration. I think they'll be a lot of folks saying "I should'a" two years from now...

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello Alberto-
You know you have a very happy customer with me. And I hope to buy your wonderful products for years to come.

aguirola

Reaction score
Great Chris, thank you very much. We are on 3 sets now

They will be ready mid January.

Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
Thank you Matt. 4 sets now.
Funds received. Please email your address.
Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stupid question @aguirola. Could you use
your mold making skills and cast these with a dense urethane? Seems like it would be lest work, and strong enough for the task at hand. They would be heavier but the weight would be negligible.

aguirola

Reaction score
Dear Andrew,
Thank you for the 2 sets ordered. Funds well received. I am assuming today's deposit is for both.
Please confirm.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Alberto