AC console restoration

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Early cars had no markings, such as our 1970 2800, I think 2800CS was the same.
mmhhh... Mine is a 73 but I purchased the AC parts from a car of unknown provenance. Maybe I should apply the German stickers as it is what my car would have had.
P1150986.JPG

m73

Reaction score
Looks good! .... Let me know if you need lettering --

I also have an update from the owner regarding the console.

1) The paint was finished by a professional with finish unknown (he tried but could not make it work)
2) The console is original but the radio opening was aftermarket so he decided to cover it and re-paint the entire console.

Pictures of the process bellow:

DSC_0203_1.JPG
DSC_0205_1.JPG
DSC_0206_1.JPG

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks I think you sent me another photo of it completed....maybe this one?

AC_Panel.png

Nope, not my radio! I looked for a completed photo but couldn’t find one. I can shoot one tomorrow if you’d like me to post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m73

Reaction score
Appreciate it if you do -- at least owners can verify and compare both types of text on a working console.

TIA

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi David,

Thanks for posting :) your console looks great :cool:

My pleasure. Feel free to use!

I need to touch up the paint at the sharp edges of the console, though. Not sure what to use without pulling the whole thing and respraying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: m73

m73

Reaction score
My pleasure. Feel free to use!

I need to touch up the paint at the sharp edges of the console, though. Not sure what to use without pulling the whole thing and respraying.

I think the patina looks great with the Europa radio....its a solid match IMHO but I can see how details can be on your mind -- I think many moons ago I posted a console paint recommendation from France (Citoroen) forum -- maybe I can find it and share if you like -- in the meantime hope you are enjoying spring driving -- this is the a great time to get out with the windows down :)

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think many moons ago I posted a console paint recommendation from France (Citoroen) forum -- maybe I can find it and share if you like

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: m73

m73

Reaction score
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Hi David,

I think you can use a product called riloplast but there are details to consider here: (not to mention that you will have to probably repaint the entire console)

1) Paint + heat system to get desired wrinkle finish
2) Cost is expensive
3) Obtaining it (shipping) may not be straight forward.....

With that said this is a product I believe Ferrari owners use so it is a very good option.

My .02 cents,

Mo

m73

Reaction score
Adding another to this thread -- seems like owner also transferred the alignment tabs but the panel looks really good IMHO :)

I still sell these kits so anyone working on a project please PM me -- those who have bought from me in the past thanks and hope to stay in touch.

-Mo

e9-ac2.jpg

Last edited: