Advice wanted: used Zenith carbs

Hussar13

Reaction score
Folks,
I would appreciate your candid advice. I have a pair of used Zenith carbs that came from our '73 3.0 CS. They worked fine before the engine blew but my mechanic preferred to replace them with Webers. My son-in-law and I had taken one Zenith apart and was pretty well cleaned with great care. The other is still whole.

I have been trying to sell them on eBay with no success; I have posted the ad on this site and on the FB E-9 forum.

What might you suggest? I don't want to make a lot of money on the carbs but I also don't want to give them away.
Thanks for your consideration!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Keep them with the car, you may want to go back to them one day as others have. They are great carbs once rebuilt correctly.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have given away about 3 sets... It's my way of saying there's no going back- kinda like Cortez burning his ships when he landed in Mexico :)

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Keep them with the car, you may want to go back to them one day as others have. They are great carbs once rebuilt correctly.

the blue coupe i bought had the 2 vertical Webers , a common alterative, as i have seen meanwhile ….. so i don't know the Zeniths. The red one are triple Webers from day 1 .
Are "good" Zeniths better than dual Webers ? or just a question of originality ?

gwittman

Reaction score
I think the only drawback to Webers is you have to learn not to floor it when the rpm is low. Otherwise, I think they provide better performance than the Zeniths. After over 35 years of running with the Webers I don't even have to think about throttle modulation. I think Webers are easier to rebuild also.

With the JAM Engineering kit, it looks stock. I used to pass smog inspections with no problem due to the carburetors. I have had both too but considerable more driving time with Webers. I still have the Zeniths if I ever decide to go back to original.