Alpina B2 for sale

PV-ALPINA

Reaction score
The tradera auction is still pending. The highest bidder will be very disappointed when it is clear to him/her that the auction means nothing...just as much as the E-bay auction did...Serious seller!

/Johan

eltonjohan

Reaction score
But the (Alpina) engine and other parts are probably worth more than the highest bid of apprx 3000 EUR - or what do you think?

DJSimca

Reaction score
I would say that the Alpina parts are probably worth more than Eur 3000 IF the engine runs! However this is a big IF as the engine has not been started since 1991 :!: :!: :evil:

Besides, the car didn't go for Eur 3000 but for at least three times this amount.

How do I know this? Simply because the seller e.mailed me and said that he had received offers of Eur 9000 from 3 different buyers and he asked me whether I would be interested in going higher!?

Needless to say I declined the offer :roll:

The car + Alpina parts is certainly not worth this kind of money!

PV-ALPINA

Reaction score
Very soon he will have an angry highest bidder on Tradera hunting him for a reason of not selling the car to him/her...That will be interesting to follow!!! To be honest, I do think he is on the border of what the law allows him to do...

/Johan

chicane

Reaction score
But the (Alpina) engine and other parts are probably worth more than the highest bid of apprx 3000 EUR - or what do you think?

That's not the point. The point is that the car is being advertised as an original B2...without all of the proper documentation to show it as such.

DJSimca

Reaction score
PV-ALPINA said:
To be honest, I do think he is on the border of what the law allows him to do...

Agreed !

I am sure that I am not the only one who pointed out to him that his car is NOT a genuine B2 yet I wouldn't be surprised if he has not informed the buyer of this fact. :?

Glad to see that this forum seems to agree on what constitutes a real Alpina :D

mark

Reaction score
thanks or not?

i have a 40' container going from sweden (gothenburg) to fremanlte (perth) next week and before reading the second page of these posts tonight was getting excited at the prospects of buying the car cheap and putting it in the container (ie free shipping),

but, i suppose, thanks to everyone.

cheers
mark

radosc

Reaction score
Thanks guys for a very useful analysis of this car. I would be driving to Sweden right if not this forum :) Anyway what I have left from this episode are scans of Alpina B2 engine documents. Is it a good idea to post it here?

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
interesting thread to stumble acrost.

Any armchairs wanna say if the silver Alpina (ex-Cary Iida) Roundel cover car is "real" ?

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Cary Iada Silver Alpina car

To the best of my knowledge it is an authentic car.

you may recall Dale--Cary was one of the most knowledgable and meticulous people in presenting all of his early cars dating back 20 or so years ago when I first met him at Laguna Seca--it was about 16-17 years ago that he first displayed the flawless restoration that he had taken the "Alina" car through--it certainly impressed this old sailor--was highly admired by scores of pretty knowledgable BMW folks, people from the factory, as well as us country bumpkins--had never heard the question posed as to whether it was authentic.

I would say without reservation--that if it wasn't authentic--Mr Bovenstein would have been pretty complimentary of the car--BTW--it was displayed at OctoberFest in Pasadena about 4 years ago--was judged by Mike Dietel of earliest SoCal Alpina fame here in Orange County in the late 70's and early 80's and took "best of show"--and was recently driven to these parts by its present caretaker for the big gathering of BMW's (200+) at Cars 'n Coffee last January 12th. As it is now being driven some here and there it will be seen by even more people that are far better qualified than I am--in the meantime I would have loved to have become its caretaker when Cary "passed the torch" to a good friend in Central CA--

I remain convinced of its authenticity.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Re: Cary Iada Silver Alpina car

blumax said:
To the best of my knowledge it is an authentic car.
-snip-I remain convinced of its authenticity.

as do I....

mark

Reaction score
hey charmonix,

have you seen/do you know the car?

i have a place in oslo (st. hanshaugen) and before i found my csl in oz was looking for a long time in oslo.

the price looks good. appreciate your thoughts.

cheers

-

PV-ALPINA

Reaction score
Wait a minute!

The engine number is 1008!!!! The same number as the engine on the fake Swedish B2 sold last year on E-bay for nearly 10 000 Euro. The Swedish car did also have the wrong steering wheel as this one, it had the same color, and the same seats together with the same colour of the door panels. What is different is the exhaust system, looks new, CS stripes and the alpina rims. Maybe the car has been quickly resprayed as well. I have my suspisions that this car is the same as the swedish fake B2. Therefore, watch up!!!!!!!!!Engine number 1008 do not belong to this car!!!!!

/Johan

PV-ALPINA

Reaction score
I have checked the chassinumber, 4340932 is the same car that was sold in Sweden, IT IS A FAKE, just to let you know!!!!!!!

Best regards,

/Johan

chamonix

Reaction score
mark said:
hey charmonix,

have you seen/do you know the car?

i have a place in oslo (st. hanshaugen) and before i found my csl in oz was looking for a long time in oslo.

the price looks good. appreciate your thoughts.

cheers

-

Hello

Sorry for not answering earlier. I dont know this car, and have no thoughts about the car other than that it looks really good in picture :) .
Since few people on this board speak norwegian i have tried to translate the ad. Hope this can provide usefull information.

BMW B2 Alpina E9 1975

Buy this car now before it returns to Germany. Last time such a car was on the market it was priced at 600.000N.kr. This is a time-machine that has been stored in a dry garage since the 80`s. It is very original down to its 14” Alpinawheels with Pirelli P6 tires. Alpina hasn’t got any accurate production-numbers, but less than 40 B2`s was built. Only 82 B2-engines were built in total. This is the car that inspired and worked as a test bench for the legendary CSL, but this car is much rarer and faster.

The car has newly serviced 3-litre engine with 230bhp which is extremely quick regarding its age. Gearbox and final drive is without any noises. It has the correct ventilated discs on all 4 wheels. Bilstein shocks and Alpina lowering springs. The car has adjustable sway bars with uniballs from Alpinas race department and extremely rare Scheel Sport seats in the front and in the back. Alpina steering wheel and gear knob. Everything works and the car goes really well. Porches 2,7 RS Carrera will struggle to keep up with this car. The car needs a caring owner and a dry lock-up.

Documentation from Alpina and a list of previous owners come with the car.

First time registered: 1975
Chassis nr: 4340932
Colour: Articblau metallic
Engine number: 1008 B2
Acceleration: 0-100 km/t: 6,7 seconds
Top speed: 233 km/t
Power: 230 PS (169 kw) @ 6750 rpm
Engine size: 2966 cm3
Km: 62200