Alpina Catalog

m73

Reaction score
Only 1 - page but still interesting -- note e9 Alpina variants:

17834069_1429637737116249_4236931340563613122_o.jpg

Reaction score
Hi @m73,

great overview from all Alpina engines from the 70's and 80's!

I wrote two days ago in this forum about the B3 3.0 engine, explaining that had the same specs as the B2S, but with three Weber carbs, instead of Solex, and was only for export purposes as the Webers were not allowed by the German TÜV.

I'm quite interested to get in touch with some B3 owner. Is there anyone?

Reactions: m73

m73

Reaction score
This could be a good starting point for anyone interested in Alpina historical information. I would just search for more literature & write to relevant parties from Alpina on down.....

Although it would be nice to find any Alpina owner with recent experience to help guide you...ie contact name + telephone for starters.....

-M

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi @m73,

great overview from all Alpina engines from the 70's and 80's!

I wrote two days ago in this forum about the B3 3.0 engine, explaining that had the same specs as the B2S, but with three Weber carbs, instead of Solex, and was only for export purposes as the Webers were not allowed by the German TÜV.

I'm quite interested to get in touch with some B3 owner. Is there anyone?
Didn't forum member pp from France have one? Do a search for his name.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I believe mine is a B3. It seems to have all the correct parts. Alpina did not corroborate this however.

Reaction score
Hi @Nicad ,

what does it mean 'I believe' and that Alpina don't corroborate that? May I kindly ask about your car?

In your signature I see a '71 2800 CS, are you talking about this car or is there any other?

Regards.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
The engine in my car is not from a 2800CS. I bought it in Idaho and it was sold on consignment by an individual who owned it a long time. Never got his story and he has since passed away. It was repainted in 88' according to the dealer. Still looks great. Anyway, it has an Alpina airbox, intake manifolds,, linkage, 45 Webers, and Alpina camshaft and headers (Non Alpina..of unknown mfg). I have yet to pull the oil pan to see what the con rods and crank look like. . Everything looks complete. The Block was painted Blue, which in my mind actually makes me think it was put together by Korman in North Carolina, who I believed was an Alpina dealer back in the day.
My serial number leads nowhere with Alpina, and Korman did not keep serial number records from my conversation with Ray.
The Alpina B3 claim was a mis statement on my part. Anyway, the car is a lovely 2800 CS upgraded with Alpina bits. I can hope the origins of my engine were from the hands of a talented builder. ...that or stripped and stolen car!!

Reaction score
Quite interesting @Nicad,

Yes, you are right, Weber 45 doen't mean automatically B3 specs, as this engines were associated with many other changes.

There was an Alpina B1 engine based on the 2800 CS engine, may yours be the case?

Is there any number in your cylinderhead?