Aluminum Radiator

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
time to check with Mario Langsten ... he was supposed to start an aluminum radiator project this summer for the coupe targeted for big hp coupes / s38's ... Mario, got your ears on? what's the update.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's called JP Carroll's, in Lexington, MA. It's a junk yard but they have a guy that specializes in radiators. I would check to make sure he's still there first.
Anyway, yes they did a triple core for my old Jag and that car never overheats despite not having the common add-on electric fan. They got one that wasn't too thick (eg fit nicely), and straighted up my top/bottom tank as well. The only thing they did that I did not prefer was they put in new filler. I would have preferred to keep the original Jag filler neck assembly. But they did remember to keep and return it too me.

They've also done a couple cellular cores for old Jags that are period correct (concours competitors). Nobody I know has any complaints with them.

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have dumped my alloy radiator and got my old one re cored.....simply because of engine accessories hitting. I will say that the black radiator looks nicer in my engine bay than the alloy. So consequently I have a brand new Ireland unit for sale.....discounted of course.