Amelia Island 2015

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
amelia...

So close, yet so far...wish I could make it. Have fun, be safe and say hello to my little buddy Trevor Ely from Sportscar Digest...should be there. Look forward to their coverage. Drool on the Miura for me...
Dave V. in NC

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Some heavy rain between NOLA and Pensacola, after that very little. Car was trashed by the time I got here. Could have been worse, fortunately we bumped up departure to avoid most if it.

Steve, so how much rain did your polaris have to suffer thru on the way

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Amelia update

it was great to see everyone down in Amelia. we had a nice dinner with Stevehose, Bwana, M5bb and Dbower ... on friday night. We got to see Steve's, Gary's + Don's coupes ...

on Saturday at Cars + Coffee, the 4 of us were there along with Scott Crater (not with his coupe) + Amy Lester (coupelady - with her wonderful coupe). There was also a white CSL in attendance ... didn't meet the owner. There were a lot of nice cars overall.

The main concours was really nice - no coupes being judged, but the #25 race car was on display. one of the BMW highlights were 6 or 7 BMW 328's ... including Lothar's black one that was first shown at 'cca Oktoberfest in Atlanta.

great to see everybody ...
scott

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
White CSL

The white CSL belonged to Lance from Ohio. He was taking it on the vintage BMW tour of Florida organized by board member Dirk.

Scott

it was great to see everyone down in Amelia. we had a nice dinner with Stevehose, Bwana, M5bb and Dbower ... on friday night. We got to see Steve's, Gary's + Don's coupes ...

on Saturday at Cars + Coffee, the 4 of us were there along with Scott Crater (not with his coupe) + Amy Lester (coupelady - with her wonderful coupe). There was also a white CSL in attendance ... didn't meet the owner. There were a lot of nice cars overall.

The main concours was really nice - no coupes being judged, but the #25 race car was on display. one of the BMW highlights were 6 or 7 BMW 328's ... including Lothar's black one that was first shown at 'cca Oktoberfest in Atlanta.

great to see everybody ...
scott

dbower

Reaction score
Vintage tour

To update the tour: in St Augustine today, driving Daytona (the track) tomorrow and Sebring Wed. Lance White's CSL, Elliott Schnackenberg's 2000 CS and my 2800 are the only E9's here. Several of the other participants have coupes but drove other BMWs. We conclude next Sunday morning in Miami after touring all the way to Key West. Watch for a Roundel article and pics posted elsewhere.

Don

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, a great time was had by all.
Don's E9 looks fantastic and recently back from an 18 month visit to the shop. Everyone's car looked great considering it rained the previous day all day.
Steve got a hose at his hotel so we were washing cars at 10 PM Friday night.

Quite a spectacle when BMW brought in the #25 CSL that won Sebring 40 years ago and the now matching 2015 Z4 race car.
CSL driven on the field by Brian Redmond the original winning driver at Sebring and Bill Auberlin driving the Z4 also a current Rahal/Letterman team driver.

In the photo with the drivers, Peter Brock is in the background in the tan jacket.
More on that later.

Attachments

• IMG_4276.jpg
    IMG_4276.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4277.jpg
    IMG_4277.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4321.jpg
    IMG_4321.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 91

dbower

Reaction score
Vintage tour update

If it's Wednesday night, we're in Naples. Drove Daytona Tuesday while it was completely deserted - but they wouldn't let us up on the 31 degree banking. At only 60 mph, we probably would have tipped over.

Today we did a parade lap at Sebring during lunch break from the prep for the 24 Hours this weekend. The track was already packed with transporters and practice runs. Totally different track and atmosphere from Daytona. Thanks to Larry Koch for making both of these possible.

Lance White lost a slave cylinder on his white CSL, but since he brought his tech (Safet Hatic) with him, all was working again soon.

And late this afternoon, Scott Crater (craterface) stopped by our hotel with his beautiful Fjord CSL. He lives nearby on Sanibel Island. (Scott, the pic I shot did not come out - sorry!).

Off to the Revs Museum and Key Largo tomorrow.

Don

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to make that comment! :razz:

The C&C is a great event. I am on page 2. Don and a shot of some coupes are on page 4.

Ah so, now i know why he is the one and only Steve Hose,:razz:

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great pics of the event and great to see so many BMWs. Makes me want to attend one of these years. It would have to be without Athena though. Roads up here are too nasty to drive on still. One of the drawbacks of Maine.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's a link to my photos from Amelia Island Concours.

CSL and Z4 have drivers Brian Redmond and Bill Auberlin standing next to their respective cars.

Peter Brock is standing with me at my car. He was there looking at my engine and my friend Mary told me. I went over there and talked to him.

Open first photo and then you can go through like a slide show.

https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/pWZ26Nr6682qMm3

Enjoy!
Gary