Another BaT Coupe

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm sure it won't meet it's $90k reserve.

Non-oem type shsetmetal replacement and no ac working dings it the most.

Gary Waggoner

Site Donor
Reaction score
Big issue here is this was not restored by a big-name player ie: Korman, VSR, SFDon, etc....& this is not a club you can talk your way into.

These old BMW's have a steep learning curve & the best of us know that.

I for one think times have changed so much & BMW does not really back their product so deviations from 100% OE stock is to be expected if not embraced in certain scenarios.

Just me .02 cents,

Mo
Korman did over 18k in work on my car for the previous owner and is way overpriced and workmanship is just OK. Just FYI

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
This may be a high-watermark for '72 CS automatic-->man conversion? Or would that still be the Paul Cain car???

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The bidding just crested $125k. I am a bit shocked, and VERY encouraged by this. All of us who are restoring our e9's on a rotisserie should be very pleased by the support for such work. And it's not over yet...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well...guess I'll have to put my car on a rotisserie (I actually have one from my other project car) and cutoff the fenders so that it can show proof in the future of a restoration done right.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This may be a high-watermark for '72 CS automatic-->man conversion? Or would that still be the Paul Cain car???

Paul hasn't sold his car AFAIK. His car is totally custom also.

Sold for $135K. That's a good bit of money:eek: And a new BaT e9 record, right?

The price seems fair given the obvious time and monetary investment. I was surprised by the $70K sale but not so much with this one.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
The price seems fair given the obvious time and monetary investment. I was surprised by the $70K sale but not so much with this one.

Fair, sure!
But I still think the price is way high considering it’s a -72 CS automatic, and the fact that it isn’t perfectly restored.
Seems like the buyer just wanted to own a gorgeous coupe and be happy, and not focus on the details.
Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.

Last edited:

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fair, sure!
But I still think the price is way high considering it’s a -72 CS automatic, and the fact that it isn’t perfectly restored.
Seems like the buyer just wanted to own a gorgeous coupe and be happy, and not focus on the details. Sorry, I couldn’t help myself!

Sometimes the market speaks in strange ways like this. I hope it becomes more a trend than an anomaly. Anything that floats all our boats is welcome!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Paul hasn't sold his car AFAIK. His car is totally custom also.

OH man, maybe I was thinking of this car, not Paul Cain (didn't Paul restore this one?): https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/bmw/30/1974/119692

@ablank135, dang, your signature a bit big, dontcha think?