Another new guy!

Ryan the Gnome

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm happy to finally be able to say I'm a coupe owner. It was delivered last night after many months of saving, buying-selling, and daydreaming. I'm busy rummaging through the stacks of paperwork trying to learn as much about it as I can. Here's what I know,

-1973 3.0csi Polaris, no sunroof, no AC.
-Imported by Hardy and Beck from Italy in 1985
-Lived in the Bay Area up until about 10 years ago, Seattle since.
-Lots of neat Hardy and Beck and Alpina items.
-Metric Mechanic 3700 M30. Motronic.
-CR Dogleg 5sp
-etc etc.

Its a fantastic car! Its a really big dream come true for me. Its nice but not too nice to put miles on, which is exactly what I want. Now I just need the sun to cooperate! I look forward to becoming a part of the community and seeing you guys around. Here are a few basic pictures I took last night in the garage. I'll take proper photos when it stops raining. Thanks!

Ryan

IMG_3682p.jpg

IMG_3685p.jpg

IMG_3688p.jpg

acat2002

Reaction score
well done!
Love the inboard driving lights.
Where did you find her? Was this car known to anyone on this board?
Regardless, super tasteful and gorgeous!

shanon

Reaction score
Welcome and neat car.

I'm curious to learn more about the H&B bits (saw the wheels) on your example. Are those Cibie 'Oscars' up front?

Careful with that chin spoiler, don't forget it's there! (ask me how I know...)

enjoy!

-shanon

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well done Ryan.

Does your signature imply you sold an M5, an Alpina B9, and a Hartge H23 to buy the coupe? If so, take note Chicane, coupes are hard currency :).

Ryan the Gnome

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

well done!
Love the inboard driving lights.
Where did you find her? Was this car known to anyone on this board?
Regardless, super tasteful and gorgeous!

Thank you. A friend of mine told me about this car a while back. I tracked down the owner, Mark, then it took me a while to get all of my ducks in a row.

Welcome and neat car.

I'm curious to learn more about the H&B bits (saw the wheels) on your example. Are those Cibie 'Oscars' up front?

Careful with that chin spoiler, don't forget it's there! (ask me how I know...)

enjoy!

-shanon
The H&B bits include the wheels, header, chin spoiler, steering wheel (maybe just the horn button), and springs ( which have been replaced with the La Jolla units recenetly. I'll have to check on the Cibles. It does ring a bell though.

Well done Ryan.

Does your signature imply you sold an M5, an Alpina B9, and a Hartge H23 to buy the coupe? If so, take note Chicane, coupes are hard currency :smile:.
Haha well, yes I suppose. I definitely had this car in mind when I sold those cars. They were all really cool but they don't touch the cool factor of an E9. I do wish I could have kept the B9 though.

Thanks again!

Ryan

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome to the 'club' - :)
I'm up north of you a bit (just NW of Everett).....
There are a few Coupe's around. Not too many though.
We'll have to plan a gathering when the weather clears.

Oh - By the way, VERY nice car.... ;) VERY nice.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome. The interior wood looks like it has been redone - very nice. I am also up here in the NW. I figure there are at least 6-8 coupes that I have seen, or heard about, in this region - probably more safely tucked away in garages. There are usually three or so that show up at the annual BMW show in Renton (July sometime).

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Anyone from up in the Seattle area know what happened to the Siena Braun '74 that was for sale a while back?

Nice looking 4 speed...

Same owner since sometime in the 80's I believe...

TodB

Reaction score
new cah

Great score!

4 or 5 speed? Any specs on the motor? MM has always been a bit cagey on HP gains from their work.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great car. I, too, just got my first coupe after a string of other bimmers.
Mine's also a 73, but US car in stock configuration, so not nearly as interesting as yours. Pix posted soon.
At least winter is our dry season here, so I will get to drive it a lot right away.
Scott

Ryan the Gnome

Reaction score
Thanks again guys! I promise I'll get a lot of good pictures soon, Its a monsoon out there right now though! I can't wait to meet up with you Seattle guys soon too! I'm still trying to piece together what I have. I haven't determined if the previous owner built the motor with MM's kit or if it was bought as a whole engine.
I'm trying to track down the owner previous to the guy I bought it from. His name is David Cavanaugh and he lived/ lives in the San Francisco area. Ring a bell to anyone?? I'd love to talk with him if anybody knows him. Thanks!

Ryan