Any interest in rebuilt air slide valves for csi engines?

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sf Don,

Luckily I have a spare valve, can I send you my core? And what’s the turn time?

Thanks

Rex
Don, thank you, thank you, oh, did I say thank you? I went through at least three valves, all used, none did the job. Don's has been in for a couple of months.
Flawless!! Like new. Did I say like new?

Steve

Barry.b

Reaction score
Don, thank you, thank you, oh, did I say thank you? I went through at least three valves, all used, none did the job. Don's has been in for a couple of months.
Flawless!! Like new. Did I say like new?

Steve
Hi guys
Is there a way to bench test the valve ?
My car stopped driving because of a massive coolant leak due to porosity in the cylinder head that happened while a previous owner had the car
and that was about 1995 / 1996
So nothing mechanical has worked on my car since then.
I believe the car was sold on to its next owner with the engine in that state . Then someone took the head off of the engine and it ended up in the boot
The car stayed in that state in the garage of the next owner until he put it up for sale in 2014 and I bought it as a non running restoration project.
I am also wondering if I could / should
get the fuel injectors cleaned / replaced/ refurbished

So my air valve might be okay , I just don’t know

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys
Is there a way to bench test the valve ?
My car stopped driving because of a massive coolant leak due to porosity in the cylinder head that happened while a previous owner had the car
and that was about 1995 / 1996
So nothing mechanical has worked on my car since then.
I believe the car was sold on to its next owner with the engine in that state . Then someone took the head off of the engine and it ended up in the boot
The car stayed in that state in the garage of the next owner until he put it up for sale in 2014 and I bought it as a non running restoration project.
I am also wondering if I could / should
get the fuel injectors cleaned / replaced/ refurbished

So my air valve might be okay , I just don’t know

Yea, on the stove. @sfdon can tell you the exact temps but just get the water up to that temp and submerge the bulb and the slide will close after a few min's which you can ck visually and by blowing through the slide. Cold= Open and Hot = Closed

Don checked mine for me and told me how to do it. Quite simple. Probably a good idea to have it rebuilt anyway the way parts scarcity is going..