Anyone know the CSL FS at Canepa?

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
In addition to the "super flared' rear fenders, the rear track appears to be considerably widened. 15-20mm spacers and extra long wheel studs maybe?

3eb10f62-3857-4b7a-b734-dd6bd8d52ce1_zps7ef4cd3a.jpg

bmwm1

Reaction score
yes mine

Hey guys,

yes it was mine. It looks like Canepa took off the Chrome extensions which imo was a good move.

Maybe one of you guys will step up and buy it, 477 is a solid real Bat.

TodB

Reaction score
yes it was mine. It looks like Canepa took off the Chrome extensions which imo was a good move.

Maybe one of you guys will step up and buy it, 477 is a solid real Bat.
Didn't you just recently buy it?

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
I believe we met at Greenwich Concours this year. If you don't mind me asking, why are you selling the car? If memory serves me you mentioned you had just acquired it from West Coast.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's nice

Going to look at the car tomorrow, will report back.

It's one of the nicest I've ever seen. I'm normally the jerk who fixates on the negative but this one is breathtaking. I didn't say perfect ... But a #1 condition E9 IMHO.

I can't see how you could do much better without the one of budget usually associated with restoring a DB5 or old Ferrari.

I thought about this one, but ultimately decided I couldn't part with my Jag plus my Elva race car to fund the pursuit. But if I could only have one car, this would probably have been it.

John

RonP

Reaction score
It's one of the nicest I've ever seen. I'm normally the jerk who fixates on the negative but this one is breathtaking. I didn't say perfect ... But a #1 condition E9 IMHO.

I can't see how you could do much better without the one of budget usually associated with restoring a DB5 or old Ferrari.

I thought about this one, but ultimately decided I couldn't part with my Jag plus my Elva race car to fund the pursuit. But if I could only have one car, this would probably have been it.

John

Okay, so I did get a little scuttlebutt on the car today....those flares are from the factory and the price is right around $270k...oh and John.....two race cars? You kill me dude!