Anyone know this 1973 3.0CS

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jeff,

i wasn't speaking about the extended bumpers, i was talking about the spacers at the top of the front struts - that raise the front bumper height ... by raising the entire front end.

good luck with sorting the rest of the stuff out. was it originally a colorado paint car?

s

execmalibu

Reaction score
Scott, The spacers are on all of the US cars...

Those spacers are on ALL US cars even on my early 1970 E9...

To lower the car by about an inch everyone takes the spacers from between the top of the strut and the body and moves them up on top... You have to put them on top because the studs on the struts are too long...

waynesie

Reaction score
Nice buy. Looks like you got a 50% discount.

Also, it is good to be handy owning a coupe.

The guy I bought mine from had an electrical problem that kept getting worse. He would take it to a shop to fix an intermittent ignition, pay $3k, and get the car back with even more electrical problems. Next shop wanted $3k just to get started and said it needed a new wiring harness. I got a huge discount because the owner did not know the first thing about working on a car and he did not see his problem getting any better.

Electrical problem ended up being a pinched wire in the steering column.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Imo...

This car would have gone for much more if it was original... I agree with Coupe King if "you" are the one that is commissioning the high end, modified coupe. An original 'Colorado' or 'Inka' paint car with sunroof and matching drive train... Yum!