Anyone try this exhaust supplier?

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
ClassicExhaust.de

Anyone tried their exhaust systems?
I’m interested because they
make replica of the 1989’s Alpina exhaust header used on the B9, May not fit well on an E9’s.

I used the Alpina headers on my coupe. The headers are not a direct fit but it can be done. You’ll need to modify the passenger side motor mount to allow for clearance.

You can see here that the headers interfeee with the mount bosses on the block

We made an adapter to fit on the subframe with a plate that moved the mount forward. Then modified the mount position on the block. This moves the mount in front of the header. None of the modifications were permanent.

C81CD133-60F5-4EF2-9718-2F11EEB181C2.jpeg

9720E8DD-70AE-4C1D-9D40-0D45DF20A851.jpeg

330CE0B3-8F60-4F9E-9075-DE6B32A3F8E1.jpeg
F88CA532-5704-46B5-BC13-A7D7B5CFEF9F.jpeg

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
OCCoupe,

I see. The header is designed for the later p-side engine mount. Nice work there.

Did you smooth out the rig welds? I don’t see the joints shown on their website.

Happy with the performance??

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
@bfeng I couldn’t tell a difference since I hadn’t run a stock or other system after I built the motor. I wanted something that would allow the 3.8 to breath better and I wanted a little bling though the csi airbox pretty much hides the headers. I used the headers and mated them to the Fritz Bits stainless exhaust system. @HB Chris can attest that the exhaust was not laid at all. It was (my opinion) refined with a nice resonance. I didn’t want loud, I didn’t want to be done driving after an hour due to a loud exhaust. So the long and short, yes very happy.

my headers were the actual Alpina headers. I did not modify or clean up any welds.

Last edited:

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I should add that during car week 2016, the pipe to the rear muffler slipped off which resulted in a fantastic sound!!! Deep and throaty. Not boy racer.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok, those are unobtainium. I Have never seen a set FS, and IIRC they would cost as much as my entire drivetrain. That’s why I’m interested in the reproductions from Germany or IE.

the Alpina headers were mandrel bent. I think the German ones you showed us are out together using a jig. The original bmw m88 headers were also mandrel bent. The new ones made by bmw or made on a jig. I actually like seeing the welds, it’s just another detail though could be a future failure point. How far in the future? Longer than we will ever know. Either way you’ll need to modify the mount.

Do it! You won’t regret it!

brought to you by an advocate for sexy bling and helping you spend your hard earned money.

JamesE30

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that @JamesE30 git his headers and exhaust from these guys. Perhaps he can confirm.

Good memory, thats actually my exhaust on the website. Sven was really pleasent to deal with and the product looks great. I had mine ceramic coated, the engine is currently at the tuners on the dyno so should have it running soon.

1F2B1253-E497-4F3D-A1C5-5F0E6E6FF6C5.png

7CB8A917-AAC5-4D71-8262-9045BD079C78.jpeg
623E4B33-76F6-40E7-ABCF-968A5B6A7756.jpeg
23444B11-18EB-42D9-BE31-CA8310073D72.jpeg

LeG9ND

Reaction score
Hi bfeng,

I bought the Stage 1 exhaust kit from Classix Exhaust. Sven indeed is a very kind man and was quick to dispatch the goodies. Would do business with him again. We communicated in German but he might speak English as well. Let me know if you need assistance.

JamesE30

Reaction score
Hi bfeng,

I bought the Stage 1 exhaust kit from Classix Exhaust. Sven indeed is a very kind man and was quick to dispatch the goodies. Would do business with him again. We communicated in German but he might speak English as well. Let me know if you need assistance.

He does speak english quite well! :)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The price for a Fritz Bits system is far lower than any others I have seen.
I did ride in OCCoupe's exceptional coupe and it was not loud.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I used the Alpina headers on my coupe. The headers are not a direct fit but it can be done. You’ll need to modify the passenger side motor mount to allow for clearance.

No interference with the stub frame rails?

I’ve read posts on similar headers which required notching out part of the chassis to clear the lower section.