Art of Racing in the Rain

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All growed up!

froZ0H1Gw7MgH71essK_Kh9ynHQWJbB-m4A3z55CY8hLxZ8nvPO4hMrP57NCPTE6desgJe6D6TLSXVokNarNKZ3mQ2psOVZOTpENF01ZP9HYWNjY3UWvCR5Um6bfj8lbo5Gvoj--nodKhEiFhN-W0u5CsezPzU-mgIfwkj-YDEOnI4lhNceN4tUaPDI2XzzF6APgW857UnBNfsKEYW6bmBJKY-5Mff7TVmPRPvVTWLd47HNXfRYNmF1cE6c8sNbeoejiPOTeP-8TzV9wLBXAH3BwWtaEW6y1zLlgg8Zpqq0JHONJ924kuTMldc2HVUSV756Gn-Xxjfpq5jDN8YR09iR7o34r-f6bPZ6HvbVju_aLzlyRU4jrkz5fbcuOaMVUQ1FsyBqMKLk5mx2xB1v4MackpNy4lSvtDCHyCwuJN1W5KULxDjdlLQiWvkiTq3pCxh1D8Pb-d9uF1ByJLK-0RWWBSYf9vo8Br3ySSePBzuqoBOr3SUt1sU-ODeHdqJH14xr5dH9NMxUB0u8JepLZnXCJnrmlX2l4oW7zJUvZVWLAQ76KnXVB_pSwkcLTPy3hfmRLaUN_Q2vga1vB492G2TGx9wzatP3EWvfovGygaNl-CZppzqqDarkUQcu-PoX0HkmF6x-tLq1qgQfWxFX2kxjyNpIWaFg=w672-h781-no

she's grown up to be a great looking dog Steve. been a while since you shared her pic riding in the coupe

Last edited:

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Provided the movie isn't a dog it's only going to do one thing to coupe values.
I'm loathe to let my kids in the coupe, let alone an actual animal.
That said my kids make great labourers on the CSL. It's amazing how useful small hands are sometimes :D

Mpower5266

Reaction score
There is a part in the book where Danny and Enzo are lapping a track in the E9 and Enzo is asking for one more lap, it reminds me of my dog Hofmeister. He loves car rides so much that we cant say the word "Ride" in the house. I cant wait to get the e9 done so we can cruise around in that.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is a part in the book where Danny and Enzo are lapping a track in the E9 and Enzo is asking for one more lap, it reminds me of my dog Hofmeister. He loves car rides so much that we cant say the word "Ride" in the house. I cant wait to get the e9 done so we can cruise around in that.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr
Tears in my eyes guys. Every word in every post is so true. We are beginning to see some decline in our fourth rescue dog, Wolfe. A Shepherd, Hound Dog, Huskie Mix now 11 years young. All four love(d) to go for long rides. And we too could not say the word "car" within earshot of any of them.

I will attempt to post a photo in another post.

Steve

Mpower5266

Reaction score
Tears in my eyes guys. Every word in every post is so true. We are beginning to see some decline in our fourth rescue dog, Wolfe. A Shepherd, Hound Dog, Huskie Mix now 11 years young. All four love(d) to go for long rides. And we too could not say the word "car" within earshot of any of them.

I will attempt to post a photo in another post.

Steve

I was explaining the plot to this movie to my wife and got a little lump in my throat, she told me that I had to wait to see it on demand at home. Give Wolfe all a ride for me today, I might take Hof out for a ride in the 02 this afternoon.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
For whatever reason, 'Bye, bye, car' is how we've let our dogs know we're hitting the road and they get to come along. Those three words send them into a frenzy. Hershey loved to go in the car but would never stick her head out the window. Hazel is the opposite, she quickly learned how to work the power windows as a pup. I have to hit the window lock on cold days or if we are on the freeway. Somewhere, I have a picture of her with her paw on the window crank of my daughter's old jeep trying to figure out how to get the window down.

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, the trailer looks pretty good and I'm hoping for the best. Enzo was really the star in the book and I don't think Costner's voice personifies him that well; most important, I hope these actors don't become the focal point. But the visual production looks great with plenty of racing. Need to get a small kleenex package for the theater of course...and read the book again before it's here. Ohmes and I were considering driving our cars to the theather and displaying them somewhere but that's likely too much effort and risky...

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Premiers in the DC area on August 8 at the Regal Dulles Town Center. Anybody want to go?

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Like many of the pups here, Kota had his own vocabulary, (I'm going to "went" to the store..cant say GO,etc), his own set of smarts, and pretty much owned the place. Grew up with his own Volvo wagons, that he pooped in on day one; he was partial to automatics...tried the 2002, but didn't care for the less than smooth transitions. Was the star of many drive-thrus, and even grocery store parking lots ("..stop, stop, let me give him something..) Half, but mostly Pyrenees, so more independent than Katherine Hepburn. I read the book many moons ago, when he was middle aged; died last year at 14.5 yrs. Long, long time for a big fellow. ..This was at the vet, on his last ride. Hard to believe that grown men can read a thread about dogs and cars, and people that they have never met, and get so emotional. I haven't yet been able to re-dog yet. Thought that I posted this already...all getting older, I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_0673 (1).JPG
    IMG_0673 (1).JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 200

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dogs and cars, always an adventure. They just want to share everything with you. Have 2 senior rescues who used to enjoy the drive to the beach in my E39Touring. Now they can't get their butts up and in the car after the walk. Sad but we substitute the walk down the road now. Can't wait to see this movie. Was filmed here in Vancouver last summer, and is finally ready for showtime. I think they should allow dogs into the theatre, what do you think? ;)

ElDoc

Reaction score
I see the movie today, great scenes of the E9 Fjord with Washington state licenses plates was nice to see an E9 on a big screen and it appear in many scenes, the movie is a mix of cars, racing and drama nice movie.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Read the book over our vacation to the East Coast. I was trying not to let my daughters (19 and 21) see me tear up as I read it on the plane. Enzo reminded me a lot of our old Hershey, she really thought she was human. Hazel, not so much, she's 100 percent chocolate lab crazy.