Australian 1973 BMW 3.0 CS

Boobouna

Reaction score
Stunning car! Congratulations.

Had to laugh at the license plate when I first saw it in the first few photos. It was a bit hard to read and it looked like it said "New Historic Vehicle"... Fairly appropriate I'd say.

Yes here in Australia we have historic plates for cars over 30 years old. They have restrictions on the number of times you can drive the car in a year, but on the upside here is a HUGE reduction in registration and insurance costs. Works perfectly for those such as myself that don't use the car as a daily driver, rather a weekend driver and for club events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inovermyhead

Reaction score
IMG_3384.JPG
A strip of aluminium drilled for the original bumper holes and then re-drilled for the historic plates with fixed with small nyloc screws and nuts then filed down so as not to touch the chrome behind... worked for me.

Cheers. John

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think its a saddle interior. the carpet might be gold braun. this is a similar combination to the coupe that Matt Hoffman sold - ceylon gold / tan. i love the combination.

Boobouna

Reaction score
i think its a saddle interior. the carpet might be gold braun. this is a similar combination to the coupe that Matt Hoffman sold - ceylon gold / tan. i love the combination.

When I look at the interior colour options in RealOem there is no saddle. Gold Braun is the closest from the seat material descriptions.

Boobouna

Reaction score
Great photos, thanks for taking the time. Yup, looks like the mighty Yorkie! Enjoy, Boobouna. Mike

83c408ebb4b25443f1398203a9f77ab4.jpg

The Yorky has just been refurbished in time for the Aussie summer. I have a new belt on it’s way then all we need is to install and gas her up.

Boobouna

Reaction score
Great work Boobouna! Looks nice and frosty. So, must be summer there, what is the temp today and how is the new system performing out there on the roads? Mike

Yes summer has started. Today it’s 27 degrees Celsius or about 80 Fahrenheit. I will take the car out today to test out how it performs on the road.

Fashkat73

Reaction score
F125FD59-2F8C-4C6F-A2C6-1489CD5E80DB.jpeg
Hi I am new to the forum but have had my coupe for 15 years; I drive it everyday, if it isn’t in the shop
Right now I am finally having my seats redone and the wool carpeting replaced with the same German wool loop. Can’t wait to get it back! Picture is of it a few years ago on a weekend getaway to Napa.