Barrett-Jackson Lot: 624 - 1974 BMW 3.0 CS COUPE

shanon

Reaction score
Up for Auction: BJ Palm Beach

Anyone know the car? Board member?
Not sure when it goes on the block, website does not say.

Shall we start a pool to guess what it will go for?
49K mi, original 'survivor' car, live auction........I guess around $17K.
but what do I know.....:roll:

good luck!

-shanon

shanon

Reaction score
Up for Auction: BJ Palm Beach

Anyone know the car? Board member?
Not sure when it goes on the block, website does not say.

Shall we start a pool to guess what it will go for?
49K mi, original 'survivor' car, live auction........I guess around $17K.
but what do I know.....:roll:

good luck!

-shanon

jmackro

Reaction score
Here's what I copied off the B-J website http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appl...list.aspx?aid=284&sd=04/10/2009&ed=04/10/2009 :

Summary: An exceptional two owner BMW 3.0 CS coupe in Emerald Green with Butter Cream interior. Less than 49,000 documented miles. Always kept in a climate controlled garage by an 87-year-old collector.
Details: An exceptional two owner BMW 3.0 CS coupe in Emerald Green with Butter Cream interior. Less than 49,000 documented miles. Always kept in a climate controlled garage by an 87-year-old collector. Includes all original documents, Window Sticker, manuals and brochures. Has excellent paint and chrome that has never been re-painted and has an exceptional soft full leather interior. Also has an untouched engine compartment with original factory decals. A recent mechanical servicing with new OEM struts, brakes, tires, and battery.

PLUS: It is a manual, and the paint looks shiny. Well documented, evidently well cared for. And of course, the mileage is incredibly low.

MINUS: Has the clumsy 1974 bumpers

I would guess it will either sell in the 20's, or won't meet its reserve. Not that it would be worth that much to me - but these B-J auctions tend to get top dollar.

Note that the owner's age is mentioned TWICE! I guess a car's value is enhanced when it has low mileage but its owner has high mileage.

jmackro

Reaction score
Here's what I copied off the B-J website http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appl...list.aspx?aid=284&sd=04/10/2009&ed=04/10/2009 :

Summary: An exceptional two owner BMW 3.0 CS coupe in Emerald Green with Butter Cream interior. Less than 49,000 documented miles. Always kept in a climate controlled garage by an 87-year-old collector.
Details: An exceptional two owner BMW 3.0 CS coupe in Emerald Green with Butter Cream interior. Less than 49,000 documented miles. Always kept in a climate controlled garage by an 87-year-old collector. Includes all original documents, Window Sticker, manuals and brochures. Has excellent paint and chrome that has never been re-painted and has an exceptional soft full leather interior. Also has an untouched engine compartment with original factory decals. A recent mechanical servicing with new OEM struts, brakes, tires, and battery.

PLUS: It is a manual, and the paint looks shiny. Well documented, evidently well cared for. And of course, the mileage is incredibly low.

MINUS: Has the clumsy 1974 bumpers

I would guess it will either sell in the 20's, or won't meet its reserve. Not that it would be worth that much to me - but these B-J auctions tend to get top dollar.

Note that the owner's age is mentioned TWICE! I guess a car's value is enhanced when it has low mileage but its owner has high mileage.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Price it will bring

My guess is it will go for over $30K--and it should with the obvious care, condition and originality. Even with the big bumpers and age of owner !!

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Price it will bring

My guess is it will go for over $30K--and it should with the obvious care, condition and originality. Even with the big bumpers and age of owner !!

chicane

Reaction score
What is that badge sitting below the side grille?
My guess is that (not knowing the starting bid) it will not exceed $20K, not in this market.

chicane

Reaction score
What is that badge sitting below the side grille?
My guess is that (not knowing the starting bid) it will not exceed $20K, not in this market.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
That car is familiar, cannot recall what auction or which fly-by-night website it was offered at before though (seems it was last spring.)

B-J auctions are even less predictable since MBNA (lender/bank) closed their booths (which were conveniently positioned next to the no-host bars.) But none of US would borrow the money for a coupe, would we? 8)

Very few BMWs hit the blocks at the B-J events, IMO a coupe showing up at one is not a useful datapoint....more an anomaly than a harbinger.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
That car is familiar, cannot recall what auction or which fly-by-night website it was offered at before though (seems it was last spring.)

B-J auctions are even less predictable since MBNA (lender/bank) closed their booths (which were conveniently positioned next to the no-host bars.) But none of US would borrow the money for a coupe, would we? 8)

Very few BMWs hit the blocks at the B-J events, IMO a coupe showing up at one is not a useful datapoint....more an anomaly than a harbinger.