Barrett-Jackson Lot: 624 - 1974 BMW 3.0 CS COUPE

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
$26950 with buyer's premium

$26,950 with buyer's premium. I would say reasonable - even strong money in this economy and at an auction with predominantly American muscle cars.

I say everyone was right - good price for almost original, low mileage example owned by 87 yr old who only used it for church and driver's schools, but not quite 30K.

Still bus wheel and bumpers (original I know). But not that original if it had a 5 speed.

So what color is that? Not emerald green as advertised.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
$26950 with buyer's premium

$26,950 with buyer's premium. I would say reasonable - even strong money in this economy and at an auction with predominantly American muscle cars.

I say everyone was right - good price for almost original, low mileage example owned by 87 yr old who only used it for church and driver's schools, but not quite 30K.

Still bus wheel and bumpers (original I know). But not that original if it had a 5 speed.

So what color is that? Not emerald green as advertised.

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
Color is Amazon Green. It was a popular color in '74 for coupes and 2002's.

If my math is correct the selling price w/o 10% sellers commission equals $24.5K.

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
Color is Amazon Green. It was a popular color in '74 for coupes and 2002's.

If my math is correct the selling price w/o 10% sellers commission equals $24.5K.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Guys if you ever get the chance go check out in person some of the B-J auctions, you'll be quite surprised at what they offer during the first few days (usually non-televised) and especially surprised at what some of that stuff sells for.

If this coupe was on a feature weekend (the auctioneer offers the better vehicles on the weekend) it does speak well for this car on this day with that auction crowd. Still can't say "well-bought" though....not by a longshot.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Guys if you ever get the chance go check out in person some of the B-J auctions, you'll be quite surprised at what they offer during the first few days (usually non-televised) and especially surprised at what some of that stuff sells for.

If this coupe was on a feature weekend (the auctioneer offers the better vehicles on the weekend) it does speak well for this car on this day with that auction crowd. Still can't say "well-bought" though....not by a longshot.

mpgandco

Reaction score
Color is "Jade Green" or JadeGrun.Color code 078.I know this because I have owned one this color for 30 years.This Coupe is a very late production Coupe as "JadeGrun" is a 1975 color and they didn't import these cars in 1975.Mine is the third last car that was imported to the US.Produced in Dec 1974 and sold new in May 1975
I think someone got a great original car in a very rare color.In all my years of showing my Coupe,I have only seen one other that came originally in this color from the factory.You mostly see Jade on 530 I's and 75/76 2002's
With 1974 Coupes there are Early Ones that have manual mirrors,2 piece carpet,different tool kit and Late ones that have power mirrors,Single piece carpet,530 i toolKit.This coupe also has the Single piece carpet that came only on late 1974 Coupes.

mpgandco

Reaction score
Color is "Jade Green" or JadeGrun.Color code 078.I know this because I have owned one this color for 30 years.This Coupe is a very late production Coupe as "JadeGrun" is a 1975 color and they didn't import these cars in 1975.Mine is the third last car that was imported to the US.Produced in Dec 1974 and sold new in May 1975
I think someone got a great original car in a very rare color.In all my years of showing my Coupe,I have only seen one other that came originally in this color from the factory.You mostly see Jade on 530 I's and 75/76 2002's
With 1974 Coupes there are Early Ones that have manual mirrors,2 piece carpet,different tool kit and Late ones that have power mirrors,Single piece carpet,530 i toolKit.This coupe also has the Single piece carpet that came only on late 1974 Coupes.