Beautiful Ceylon CSi on Hemmings

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Only nits:

- inner fender insulation seems to be already peeling up (hate that stuff)
- rockers should be black
- rear left underrider looks a bit tweaked

Other than that, I see so far, the $203k one being no better than this one.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
This is the ultra rare combo manual window / electric window E9.

I see buttons for the front. May not be working and have cranks there due to being inoperable?

79332757-770-0@2X.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very pretty. I like the underside quite a bit! I would honestly prefer if they leave the sound deadening off the fenders. If I were to add sound deadening (I’m not), I would paint the fenders and the deadening separately, then apply.

I am happy to see that the airbox aligns with the throttle body. Once you see the misalignment you can’t unsee it.

No offense to CSI owners with alignment issues. Not trying to create any anxiety with this academic observation. :)

Hemmings Ceylon:
7F386EFE-C050-4C97-B22E-259AF050B611.jpeg

Oldenzaal can never seem to get this right, or care.
B1C11BEE-BD13-4C1D-892C-2DF8298B8860.jpeg

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Pretty. Couple of questions/observations..
Why is there no rear foglight/panel? I thought that was on all CSi's.
What is what appears to be a cut about three inches behind the right front hood support at the fender?
Was the PO in the carpet business? Odd trunk treatment, that I sort of like, and sort of don't. At first it looked flocked..then I thought it was upholstered...not sure how that all happened. Can't cast too many stones, as it looks a lot better than mine and has a quieter trunk.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In the US the early 2800CS had manual fronts but soon thereafter Hoffman spec’d electric front. In Europe it seems many coupes had manual fronts, don’t know the percentage but pretty common.

stcos85

Reaction score
Pretty. Couple of questions/observations..
Why is there no rear foglight/panel? I thought that was on all CSi's.
What is what appears to be a cut about three inches behind the right front hood support at the fender?
Was the PO in the carpet business? Odd trunk treatment, that I sort of like, and sort of don't. At first it looked flocked..then I thought it was upholstered...not sure how that all happened. Can't cast too many stones, as it looks a lot better than mine and has a quieter trunk.
I would also like to know about the top of the fender as I have just had mine painted and this looks like sound deadening. Is this factory?