Beautiful complete original tool box on BaT

coupelady

Reaction score
Forgive me if this topic has already been brought up but WOW this box appears beautiful, not cracked, with all the correct tools on BaT right now. 4 more days to bid, no reserve. If you need one, I would urge you to bid as the tool boxes were available through BMW (a remake) but I believe they are all gone. The tools are almost impossible to find especially the red handled ones. What a way to complete the beautiful covered trunk we have. From years of experience, please keep your tools out of the box due to their weight. Closing the trunk can cause the box to fail, I have seen it (or heard it, more like it) at The Vintage. I keep the tools behind my seat in a roll in a bag so they stay dry - never sure of the trunk and keeps them from rolling around to damage the elephant skin. Then I have the pleasure of handling them to place them in the tool box for a judged show or The Vintage type show. I have talked to many owners who would like to have a nice complete tool kit, here is your chance!

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Amy,
How are you and the lovely coupe.
Always glad to see you posting here.
Take care and regards
Keshav

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Forgive me if this topic has already been brought up but WOW this box appears beautiful, not cracked, with all the correct tools on BaT right now. 4 more days to bid, no reserve. If you need one, I would urge you to bid as the tool boxes were available through BMW (a remake) but I believe they are all gone. The tools are almost impossible to find especially the red handled ones. What a way to complete the beautiful covered trunk we have. From years of experience, please keep your tools out of the box due to their weight. Closing the trunk can cause the box to fail, I have seen it (or heard it, more like it) at The Vintage. I keep the tools behind my seat in a roll in a bag so they stay dry - never sure of the trunk and keeps them from rolling around to damage the elephant skin. Then I have the pleasure of handling them to place them in the tool box for a judged show or The Vintage type show. I have talked to many owners who would like to have a nice complete tool kit, here is your chance!

a link to the item would help much

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can't believe it is up to $1,200. I add up all of the pieces and prospective originality, and it is hard to dispute. But still. I am making a frumpled face as I type this :confused: I guess I am getting old (and cheap).?. But yet so nice to look at.

coupelady

Reaction score
What if you have spent 40-$ 50,000 (or more) on a very thorough restoration, this would be the "cherry" on the cake. So many, on many different cars of all makes, the trunk is like the step child and gets forgotten. In my opinion, I think it will go for more money. After all it is unobtainable or would take years to amass. Yes it does not drive the car, neither does a restored wooden dash but it adds so much to the restoration of our hand built cars.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I can't believe it is up to $1,200. I add up all of the pieces and prospective originality, and it is hard to dispute. But still. I am making a frumpled face as I type this :confused: I guess I am getting old (and cheap).?. But yet so nice to look at.

but the beru pink spark plugs are not present ?

lloyd

Reaction score
We may have gotten Champion or Bosch plugs in the US, all three are in the parts book.

checkmark-300x300.png

at_a_glance-jpg.34038

wg175t30-jpg.34043

https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/bosch-wg175t30-contained-in-trunk-boot-toolkit.1323/

coupelady

Reaction score
I received an answer from my parts friend Greg at BMW of Lexington that the tool box for the CS coupe shows available. He shows one for $199.60 and the other $469.85. I think the second one might be for our cars. I wanted to mention that in case you are following the tool box offered on BaT. It is currently at $1,400, the auction will be up before 5pm today. Of course that tool box on BaT has all the tools............

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I received an answer from my parts friend Greg at BMW of Lexington that the tool box for the CS coupe shows available. He shows one for $199.60 and the other $469.85. I think the second one might be for our cars. I wanted to mention that in case you are following the tool box offered on BaT. It is currently at $1,400, the auction will be up before 5pm today. Of course that tool box on BaT has all the tools............
I have seen "new" tool shells for our cars available at several sources in the recent past. I believe they are similar geometry, but made of a different (less crack prone) plastic than the originals. I think I've seen them for about $475, so about the same as your BMW friend noted. And of course, this is without tools. The one on BaT seems to be a rare combination of a decent set of tools and a non-damaged original case - that almost seems impossible. true unicorn. :)

Ah, I see better information is below... thank you Scott @rsporsche

Last edited:

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you can get the new box from W+N for 283.19 euro (plus shipping) ... about $325 - part number
71111102916 ... its 451.06 from getbmwparts
https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/big-toolbox-up-to-1973-without-tools-65-06-00.html

Hi Scott, apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere but is the new box from W&N a perfect replica? My CSi tray has a couple of cracks and I was thinking of replacing it. I'll get the W&N one if it's a top notch replacement.

Anyone bought one that can vouch for it?

Cheers!
Dan