Best place to buy replacement tool box please.

bmwsydney

Site Donor
Reaction score
These seem to be available from several sources. does anyone have experience? Is there a difference.
1974 E9 3.0csi. I'm replacing the boot rubber and about to vinyl paint all the trim which is all pretty good.
My tool box is ok but a bit broken so a new one would be nice.

bmwsydney

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen. I think the only ones I have seen for sale have been the 73 and earlier model from Wallothnesch and another German supplier. I haven't seen a 74 one piece offered
yet. I appreciate the advice.
I'm starting to think there might only be one type available.....

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No one makes the 74 style boxes and they are different from the used ones that you see on eBay which are e12, e24 and e28.

bmwsydney

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for that advice Chris. I think the one from Germany is probably the answer and I'll have to bite the bullet but its always good to check and the advice here is so good! I note the replacement has a metal screw to close it. Mine has a plastic one.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
It the 74 and later boxes still eventually break (mine). For those of us with later cars the BMW part in essence back-dates is to the two piece?

richn123

Reaction score
What is the build date of your 74? Some 74 CSi’s Came with early style, mine included

Rich N

bmwsydney

Site Donor
Reaction score
Build date is 74. Australian delivered.
IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1064.JPG

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance but can someone show the difference between a “one piece” and “two piece” tool box? I don’t know which one i have :(

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The one piece box is just a tray, no upper part mounted to trunk lid, and very thick and hollow feeling, looks nothing like the earlier box.