Best Sheet Metal Sources

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been quite happy with the w&n parts. The sill parts fit like a glove. The floors indeed needed to be reshaped at the ribs that run along them. Some non essentail details were missing from the floors, but if your not to autistic you can just leave those details out. The functional side of all w&n panels worked well for me.

Erik

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have bought tons of metal from W&N for the most part we were very happy with quality and fitment with exception of the rear floor pans the creases (grooves) did not line up properly and we had to modify them. Further more all of the grey paint has to be removed before applying etching primer .
I would refrain from reskining the door unless you had to. Chances are you will do just fine by replacing the bottom section of the doors .
I re-skinned both of my doors . Although my guy was very capable,metal worker the gap on finished job was not as nice as I would have liked it to be .. too much work and not enough gain ....
Also have in mind that if you buy the front and back floor pans separately you will miss a portion of the pattern section that looks like an H with a circle right in between the two side is the H ....

If you go through the expense of buying the front and back-one -piece floor section it will be a lot better and saves you tons of time ...

JetDexter

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks guys- that's a ton of great information! Also interesting about not reskinning the doors as well- my guy wants to, and I was fine with it, but perhaps we will take another look at repairing ours.

thanks again all