Best tar pads I have seen.......

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Condition:
Used

“This can only be described as one of the best E9 anywhere. Yes with 1 owner and 15,600 miles.”

Except for the huge amount of mistakes made in the Engine bay. I think Burger and Macha would have a field day with all the screwups.
Wrong plug wires
Black headlight covers
Missing firewall plugs
Extra plug for missing wires to hood
Missing hoses to air cleaner
Missing overflow hose
Wrong paint color on air cleaner
Painted clips
Painted bracket
Missing clips to wrong hose for windshield wash
Misplaced hose to expansion tank
I count 16 things in 5 minutes that this isn’t one of the best.

arnie

Reaction score
This can only be described as one of the best E9 anywhere

The owner CAN describe this one as one of the best, he better shouldn't ..... :)

There's so much evidence, that this car isn't as it should be, if it just had this mentioned mileage.
It would be interesting to know, how the answer of the seller would be, why the spare tire well is coming from an e30 series ?!? It's just misleading, when somebody tells you, it was only repainted, while you can see the intensive body work (when you know a bit about the E9 chassis). Just take a look at the right side of the engine bay. I bet there's a lot of bondo under the nice new tar pads. I can't see the different sheet metal parts, that are connecting the inner wheel housing with the fender. It's just one flat and smooth surface here instead.
Also the shape of the wheel housing looks far away from genuine.

Beside all the other minor obvious issues with missing or wrong parts, I don't wanna see all the other E9, if this is really one of the best ...

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here is the area that Arnie pointed out as shown on my old bucket. I still say those pads look great!

Attachments

• DSCF9532.JPG
    DSCF9532.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 169

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is the area that Arnie pointed out as shown on my old bucket. I still say those pads look great!
Don, how about 16 more in five minutes that make it one of the worst!!

And we have to talk air slide valves. Steve

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Been swamped- I apologize.
Ive been on the road for weeks and packing for Austin now for vintage races and Terry’s run.
Meeting up with our favorite astronaut and Peter C.
I will call - promise.

pat cooks

Reaction score
very close to me but I don't know the car, he has owned it for many years but has not changed the registration (title) to his name so no evidence of actual purchase date, no registration plates shown in advert so you cannot do any online mileage checks, I very much doubt he has owned it for long, not one owner, one registered keeper.................. very unfinished, no boot lid rubber, no toolbox or boot lid trims, all in all not a bad restoration but not the car in the description.... restored to sell not to keep!

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Unusual location for brakefluid resevoir. RHD models have this to the right of the fan, by the chassis number stamp. Maybe a LHD - RHD conversion ?

pat cooks

Reaction score
ok, I asked him a few questions, he says the car is provisionally sold but gave me some (b.s.) info, he has owned the car for around 10 years but has never registered (titled) it, it has no paper history or old MOT tests, no paper evidence for the mileage! has never been welded but has had a new bonnet fitted, did not respond to "my" comment about E30 wheel well, he has no other parts to go with the car so when I said there was no boot lid furniture, tool box or rubber seal in the pictures he said the pictures were taken when it came back from the respray and was not fully assembled but he had already said he had it resprayed 8-9 years ago!!! I replied that he was therefore using 8-9 year old pictures for the ebay listing, ha said no they were taken in May this year, personally I think he has recently bought the car and had it restored to sell but is trying to make it look like a long term ownership car, helps with the low mileage claim, probably needs a good going over with a big magnet and an attempt to trace the previous owner.........

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not uncommon for UK cars to have the vinyl roof.

For cars with a relatively short run, the variations, original & after, can be overwhelming. I’m still recovering from trying to decide what oil to buy. Now ragtops are a thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk