Beverly Hills Car Club New E9s on eBay

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
So there are few new ones on eBay from our friends at Beverly Hills Car Club lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-0-CS-...bf16abcc:g:fIoAAOSwLnBX2ELt&item=222249266124

This is the car that was listed in Kansas not long ago for 11k. I will now divulge that I was negotiating with the former seller he was down at $4500 for the car but I still declined. They obtained the car as a "farm find" and probably paid no more than a grand and wanted to make a quick buck because he was coming down in price every time I spoke with him. However, the amount of rot through the entire floor is very substantial and there is considerable surface rust... typical with a car being left over unsealed ground. The trunk does not open and nor does the motor run. But looking at the 15k plus asking price maybe I should have bought it LOL...

Here is another new one from the same outfit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-0-CS-...bf16ab06:g:iN8AAOSwzaJX2ELr&item=222249265926

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes you should have bought it for about $3K. Even parting it out you would have made money.
Aluminum trim, bumpers, uber rare headlight wipers, interior parts, C pillar roundels....

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Beverly Hills loves to find crusty E9s and jack them up to try to find a sucker. They seem successful after awhile though; gotta hand it to them.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
3k is what I actually offered but he would not take it. Due to the extent of corrosion it really was just a parts car. At the worst point on the driver side by the pedals is a complete absence of metal of about 10" x 15" and then there are the rotted sills, every floor pan, etc etc. The issue is I am already struggling to part out my current E9 and watching what actually sells wonder whether the money is in there with parts. Despite having larger items for sale, the inquiries tend to be for smaller bits and pieces as I guess most people already have the whole car... I did note the headlight wipers but again wonder what they would command as they are no doubt seized/inoperable LOL

jmackro

Reaction score
Stan said:
Even parting it out you would have made money.
Aluminum trim, bumpers, uber rare headlight wipers, interior parts, C pillar roundels....

I'm not so sure that parting this car could be profitable. Every photo in the ebay ad shows damage, either from dents or corrosion. Look closely at those bumpers - they will need some work before going into a decent restoration. My guess is that the other bits have similar damage which will limit their value.

This strikes me as one of those cars that would be a bad deal even if the seller paid you to take it away. The restoration cost will far exceed the value of the result. The old saying "buy the best example you can afford" applies here.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that parting this car could be profitable. Every photo in the ebay ad shows damage, either from dents or corrosion. Look closely at those bumpers - they will need some work before going into a decent restoration. My guess is that the other bits have similar damage which will limit their value.

This strikes me as one of those cars that would be a bad deal even if the seller paid you to take it away. The restoration cost will far exceed the value of the result. The old saying "buy the best example you can afford" applies here.

If purchased for $3,000 likely not profitable from a time investment perspective. However you could easily break even. You could instantly sell the wiper setup for $1,500 alone. If you think that price is unreasonable when is the last time you saw a complete set for sale? After that you just need to find 15 $100 items.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
If purchased for $3,000 likely not profitable from a time investment perspective. However you could easily break even. You could instantly sell the wiper setup for $1,500 alone. If you think that price is unreasonable when is the last time you saw a complete set for sale? After that you just need to find 15 $100 items.

Wow... is a wiper setup really worth 1500? This is a bit difficult to believe. If I heard $500 sure, but what makes it that highly valued? Do people really want them? I was intrigued by them when I first saw more pictures of the car but did not consider that they would be of that much value. The parts scene is still new to me so I am still intrigued.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another car fresh out of underwater storage. The headlight wipers rarely come up for sale as a complete set. A few years ago I passed on a new in box Bosch set for $500 and I still kick myself to this day. Due to condition (the reservoir looks a little messed up), it's hard to say what those are worth without seeing them in person. That car is a mess.

Wow... is a wiper setup really worth 1500? This is a bit difficult to believe. If I heard $500 sure, but what makes it that highly valued? Do people really want them? I was intrigued by them when I first saw more pictures of the car but did not consider that they would be of that much value. The parts scene is still new to me so I am still intrigued.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

That is my gut feeling. I
like to get things cheap but will splurge on things that I really want or recognize the rarity. Think of the $80 to $100k CSI that has everything done to it, but no wipers. Heck for $500 I would buy them for my project e9. They wouldn't last 10 minutes on eBay at that price. When if ever have you seen a complete set with motors and wire for sale for an e9?

You have a en e24 set don't you? ;)

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is my gut feeling. I
like to get things cheap but will splurge on things that I really want or recognize the rarity. Think of the $80 to $100k CSI that has everything done to it, but no wipers. Heck for $500 I would buy them for my project e9. They wouldn't last 10 minutes on eBay at that price. When if ever have you seen a complete set with motors and wire for sale for an e9?

You have a en e24 set don't you? ;)

Actually none of my E24's have headlamp washers. They are a bit more prevalent in Europe though.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow... looks like they may have. Unless it is no longer available because it split in two because of all the floorpan rust lol. I still should have bought it dang.

You have this same urge with 'cheap' cool cars that I have with 'cheap' cool parts. :D

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can't seem to get back to the underhood photos but I thought the second
You have this same urge with 'cheap' cool cars that I have with 'cheap' cool parts. :D
About a year ago a guy in Europe offered me a complete setup of headlight wipers for $16oo. My research told me that was a more than fair price but I did not have the $$$s. Sigh.