Blue Devils' seatbelts - simply amazing!

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
Can we see some pics?

So they mount in existing points with no drilling/reinforcing?

Cost?

Yup. They bolt right into the same holes. You will need to discuss you car's specific configuration with Al, but he gets it. Took me 15 minutes to install both sides. Includes all washers and bolts. Can't beat it!

I fecall the price was around $225 for both driver and passenger sets, but this was a couple of years ago. Also Al wants your old cores back to continue the refurbishment train. Can't beat it.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just had Vern's done, cost $250 for the fronts. Athena's are being sent out this week.

Attachments

• IMG_1523.jpg
    IMG_1523.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1525.jpg
    IMG_1525.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 197

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Al has new retractors that look just like the Autoflugs, also has the correct tongues. You need your receivers though. I was the first one here to have Al do a set of coupe belts but he has done many, many 2002 belts as well. I had him add the sash bracket which lowers the belt from the roof mount to sit closer to your shoulder. I don't worry about severing my aorta any more in a serious crash!

studio128

Reaction score
must be crazy but can't find "al"

can you please provide a email or contact for Al Bluedevils for the seat belts...been here for an hr. and still can't find one, everyone recommends but no one lists his email, am i nuts?

m73

Reaction score
can you please provide a email or contact for Al Bluedevils for the seat belts...been here for an hr. and still can't find one, everyone recommends but no one lists his email, am i nuts?

I am sending you a pm with his email....I think it's his PayPal address, but it should work fine.

Good luck with your search.

Mo

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Above our Forum is Community, in that drop down is the Member list, from there find "bluedevils" and send a PM.

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Al has new retractors that look just like the Autoflugs, also has the correct tongues. You need your receivers though. I was the first one here to have Al do a set of coupe belts but he has done many, many 2002 belts as well. I had him add the sash bracket which lowers the belt from the roof mount to sit closer to your shoulder. I don't worry about severing my aorta any more in a serious crash!

Chris, I was just wondering :confused: if the Bluedevils seat belts had a spring on the sash bracket to return them to the vertical position ? My coupe had VW belts and retractors installed by the previous owner. The belt also cut across my throat so I made a sash bracket out of 1/8” cold rolled steel but it tends to get stuck in a forward position as shown in my photo. It’s useable but looks a bit silly. Thanks ~ John Buchtenkirch
!!!!!!!!!!!!sb1.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!sb2.jpg

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had a set of '74 belts (reel is behind the outside corner of the rear seats, with belt coming through a loop at the front edge of the rear qtr panels) that needed new webbing, and repair/restoration of one of the centrifugal reels. Sent them to Al, and he had them back in about 2 weeks or so. Installed and work (as well as look) perfect.

Well done Al.

Last edited:

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
No springs, mine has a slight angle so it points down, might also be a tiny bit shorter.

I guess I will have to machine up some Delran bushings to free mine up a bit or maybe small bearings. It’s fine when you drive it but it’s right in your face when you turn to get out of the car besides looking a bit goofy. More projects & more fun :roll:, all part of owning BMW’s last true hardtop. Thanks ~ John Buchtenkirch

P.S. I’ve thought about fabricating a roll bar and mounting the belts to that but they are pretty impractical for a street car.