blumax is now FOR SALE

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If anyone has a lead on a potential buyer please contact me, we are trying to spread the word as far as we can. Murray also has his story on DVD which can be provided to serious buyers. He will be replying to those who expressed interest shortly but Blumax needs a new caretaker as soon as possible. Thanks everyone.

Chris

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
for those that haven't seen Blumax - it is a very well maintained example. it looks as good as many coupes that have undergone a significant restoration ... probably because Murray is such a great steward of the car. lets help find a new caretaker.

or ... we can get creative. for $5k each with 20 people, we can collectively own Blumax and have a fund to maintain it for a period of time until we can find a new caretaker. and oh darn, we would have to exercise it every now and then.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
or ... we can get creative. for $5k each with 20 people, we can collectively own Blumax and have a fund to maintain it for a period of time until we can find a new caretaker. and oh darn, we would have to exercise it every now and then.

I can see it now... Making my greater LA and San Diego sales calls in the blue max!!!

acat2002

Reaction score
I haven't logged in in quite a while, but after reading this thread I simply want to wish you the best Murray and I hope your Coupe finds an owner as dedicated as you have been.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My respect and admiration to Murray. Would be a fitting next step to have BMW Munich buy the car. I recall Mercedes had that 190D that covered a Million kilometers and was used for ads or something. DQ has some connections in Munich...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bob contacted BMWNA, their reply: "We don't accept external ideas." What he didn't say, "but feel free to spend your money on BMW products."

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I did have a typo in my message (probably in most of them actually) . Maybe that was the reason. I have sent another letter to a successful dealership salesman I met recently. Maybe he has a better line into the Brain trust.

RonP

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about BMWNA at all and they never entered my thought process. They don't even have a clue about what goes on at AG. I was going to use my source that sold his car to AG for a record sum of cash.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bob contacted BMWNA, their reply: "We don't accept external ideas." What he didn't say, "but feel free to spend your money on BMW products."

If they tell that to my face I will hit them with the old stupid E36 window regulator I struggled a week to replace and fix. It goes inside the door, so it is not an external idea that regulator.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does Jay Leno have a coupe in his collection?

Random idea, but is there an angle here with Wayne Carini ?? He doesnt seem to restore cars anymore (at least not as far as I can see from his show), but he does buy and sell.

Anybody have any good ideas along those lines? I have a contact at his show we can use.

mark

Reaction score
20 board members put in $X,000 each, to buy and polish (etc) get a pebble beach invite, spend a week hob nobbing then donate it to someone worthy.

wasatch

Reaction score
Echoing sentiments: sorry to hear of the sale and hope she goes to a great home. I still appreciate your help in answering my naive question on the phone last spring, and like an organ donor, I'm glad my car has a few your parts...the spirit will live on. Murray, all the best.

schlan13

Reaction score
What a great car and a fantastic story. Murray, thank you for sharing the car's history, it was a terrific read. Best of luck.

wasatch

Reaction score
A thought occurred to me, and it may be sacrilegious, so Murray, obviously ignore it if so, but what about the idea of contacting the BMW museum in Munich for them to acquire it. Surely, they have the means. Of course, I fully understand how it contradicts the Bluemax spirit of 'not resting', so could go either way. It also removes a bit of the California spirit, which I love. But they could do a very cool display (as they tend to do there), featuring Murray and the car, the Bluemax video looping on a screen, the ample photos, etc. The museum was the 'final straw' for me to buy mine last February after seeing the examples there, and had such a display been done on Bluemax I would been frothing at the mouth. Perhaps Bluemax can serve a 'higher purpose' by inspiring others in a high audience single location, versus in a random person's new home?

Just a thought...

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Marilyn Wegweiser

Didn't BMW buy Marilyn Wegweisers granatrot CSi and have it displayed in Spartenburg?
Or was it just on loan? Anyone know any of the Wegweisers?