BMW 2002 barn find, 7000 original miles?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am well aware of what AZ can do to
an interior, but nothing about that passenger seat says 7K miles...

E66F29B5-97A1-4CED-A71F-147264910C8C.jpeg

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I agree!...Even at 107k, the body panels look good. Appears to be another Kermitgrau? A tidy sum of money for the investment effort still required, though, as it will need everything but bodywork. I really hope that is a steering wheel cover...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can't believe their still going with "we think the miles are true because that's what the church told us" story. I am more of a "church of obvious falsehoods" believer.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can't believe their still going with "we think the miles are true because that's what the church told us" story. I am more of a "church of obvious falsehoods" believer.
I remember my Dad telling me he sold his black '63 Porsche 356SC back in the day to a minister or a priest, can't remember. Anyhow, he paid for the Porsche but liked one of my Dad's gold rings. My father was a jeweler at the time. He didn't have the cash for the ring but being a priest or minister, he trusted the guy to send the money later. Well, needless to say I'm sure that ring looks good on him to this day.. Money never came. That's the last time he trusted any clergyman.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's the last time he trusted any clergyman.
We buy a lot of cars from private parties and it's amazing how many "Ministers" there are around here. It's always a red flag when "I'm a Minister" is in their first sentence.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If the ring was called Anulus piscatorial I have seen people kiss it when they visit the guy in Rome :).

He didn't have the cash for the ring but being a priest or minister, he trusted the guy to send the money later. Well, needless to say I'm sure that ring looks good on him to this day.. Money never came. That's the last time he trusted any clergyman.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
There are few I'm more suspicious of than those in positions of trust.

GolfBavaria your avatar is Steven Wright; I love that guy. "What's another word for thesaurus?" And this one does my head in - "If you are in a car travelling at the speed of light what happens when you turn your headlights on?"

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There are few I'm more suspicious of than those in positions of trust.

GolfBavaria your avatar is Steven Wright; I love that guy. "What's another word for thesaurus?" And this one does my head in - "If you are in a car travelling at the speed of light what happens when you turn your headlights on?"

Did you see the bottom of all my threads? "I had to stop driving my car for a while......the tires got dizzy." -SW

Then one of my favorites: "I bought some powdered water but I didn't know what to add?" LOL.......Love that guy, many people on here that don't know him or me and think that's what I look like when I meet them. Kind of a "joke's on you" like SW jokes.

Love it! Goofy looking dude! Funny as F$CK though! Miss that guy! He would be perfect for the current times come to think of it!

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
"Miss that guy" ? He's not dead. Or do you mean you miss his shows?

Master of paraprosdokians. He won an Oscar for a short film that he co-wrote and appeared in.

Watch his first appearance on Johnny Carson. That performance would have been a startling comedic revelation to audiences then.

I'd like to know what he thinks of the Kombi that this thread is supposed to be the topic of.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did you see the bottom of all my threads? "I had to stop driving my car for a while......the tires got dizzy." -SW

Then one of my favorites: "I bought some powdered water but I didn't know what to add?" LOL.......Love that guy, many people on here that don't know him or me and think that's what I look like when I meet them. Kind of a "joke's on you" like SW jokes.

Love it! Goofy looking dude! Funny as F$CK though! Miss that guy! He would be perfect for the current times come to think of it!
Shane, his pic still kinda scares me though

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shane, his pic still kinda scares me though
He's definitely creeping looking which is why when you watch his stand up he's even funny-errrrr......just that blank look. I laugh just looking at him, I know that sounds bad but it's true! No expression after every joke, I don't know how he does it.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Loved him in So I Married an Axe Murderer.
  • (Anthony LaPaglia) "Hey listen. How long is it gonna take us to get there?"
  • (Steven Wright) "It shouldn't take very long."
  • (Steven Wright) "Actually I have no concept of time."
  • (Anthony LaPaglia) "Geez, is this dangerous?"
  • (Steven Wright) "No. Well, you know there's chance in everything."
  • (Anthony LaPaglia) "Look I don't wanna get too personal or anything but you've done this before, right?"
  • (Steven Wright) "Oh yeah, yeah. I do this all the time."
  • (Steven Wright) "I've never done it at night."

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
some SW fav's:

- A cop stopped me for speeding. He said, “Why were you going so fast?” I said, “See this thing my foot is on? It’s called an accelerator. When you push down on it, it sends more gas to the engine. The whole car just takes right off. And see this thing? This steers it.”

- A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I’m afraid of widths.

- I couldn’t repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.

- If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.