BMW E9 3.0 CSL Vergaser - Carburettors

mario csl giallo golf

Site Donor
Reaction score
Come avvocato sono felice di dirvi che un crimine di solito implica un atto di condotta positiva, piuttosto che un'omissione. Per $ 50 USD ogni 6 minuti posso spiegare perché è così.

Secondo Mario, ciò che rende speciale questa vettura è ciò che non è stato fatto negli ultimi 50 e più anni. Se la BMW fosse intelligente, la comprerebbero per la loro collezione come un vero sopravvissuto e per acquisire la conoscenza OEM associata a beneficio della comunità BMW. Dubito che lo faranno però.
Il piano B è che ci passiamo il cappello in giro per il Forum e che possa soggiornare a casa mia gratuitamente e avere alcuni parenti molto stretti che gli tengano compagnia.
:)

mario csl giallo golf

Site Donor
Reaction score
Normally in an advertisement it is counterproductive to establish conditions that may be unpleasant or aggressive for buyers, it is also inappropriate to appear in an arrogant manner.

Then everyone does what they want, but it can be a general rule to maintain a friendly position....IMHO this is not...
Normally in an advertisement it is counterproductive to establish conditions that may be unpleasant or aggressive for buyers, it is also inappropriate to appear in an arrogant manner.

Then everyone does what they want, but it can be a general rule to maintain a friendly position....IMHO this is not...
you have no idea how many photo hunters there are. rest assured that those who want to buy will not be intimidated, on the other hand they cannot easily find them around the corner from their house.

Attachments

• 20161001_124358.jpg
    20161001_124358.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 53

Keshav

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I suppose if one owns a CSL, baseless criticism and jealousy is part and parcel from those who would like to but can’t! Fortunately the haters and repeat offenders are limited in number!

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Now you've done it. Had to go find my 'Admin Hat,' was in the good CSL. :D Let's all take a breath and step back. Comments on cars that impart knowledge or informed opinion are the bed rock of this site and are always welcome.
People can also provide uninformed opinions too but don't be surprised if/when called out by those who are informed and also don't be surprised if moderators take a light touch - that's what we love about our site - right?

I'm inserting myself into this as I know Mario and his car. Both are highly original appreciating classics and we are lucky to have them here. This car has been featured in multiple publications/forums. Those unfamiliar with the car should do some googling. That's not the main reason I'm stepping in. English isn't Mario's first language and it's unfair to make uninformed comments (that may also hurt his sale prospects), the poor guy is also probably having to translate some of these posts before responding, which I think is pretty uncool - that's a legal term too.

It's a vendor's right to advertise however they want. If a potential buyer doesn't like that then either swallow your pride and ask serious questions to inform your potential purchase.

Or simply walk away.

No scratch that.

Put down the keyboard, lock it in a cupboard, turn off the WiFi and then walk away from your home office or whatever that's probably 1000+ miles from Sicily. :D

mario csl giallo golf

Site Donor
Reaction score
certainly,

it is true that one can easily affirm the existence of something, but denying its existence is more complex because it requires carrying out a 100% reliable test

Personally, it seems ridiculous to me to claim that my car is 100% rust-free, much less if my car has never been touched/inspected for 50 years, and this is valid even if it has spent its entire life in a vacuum box after its manufacturing and maiden voyage to the site, your box can be a dry place, but these cars were manufactured a bit north and then transported there somehow probably without caring too much for %humidity.

those peculiar messages, I don't send photos, my car has no rust, the car was only driven by an old lady to go to church on sundays,... are IMHO a shot in the foot these days

but, easy, we will sit and see, as my old grandgrandmother said, "if you sell, you were right"...
I'm sorry but the linguistic difficulties don't allow me to grasp some details or nuances in your speech, I don't understand if you are interested in purchasing or if you want to argue about something you don't know. if you want my invitation made to Arde, it applies to you too, he promised me half the kingdom if he finds truth in what I said, what do you propose? :)

mario csl giallo golf

Site Donor
Reaction score
Exhibited at the Milan Show 2023, in the BMW ItaliaClub Stand, next to one of the 50 CSLs of 2023, you don't know how many people checked the car, dropped to the ground to check, like children on the playground, under the fenders, under the floor, with various measuring machines, the words that came out of the mouth were, impossible, incredible, never seen before, especially the Germans. But it's logical, after all it doesn't take much to understand if a floor is redone or original, it takes longer to understand if a paint job is original or not, maybe then there are tools that help to understand.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240101_181429_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240101_181429_Instagram.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 100

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Exhibited at the Milan Show 2023, in the BMW ItaliaClub Stand, next to one of the 50 CSLs of 2023, you don't know how many people checked the car, dropped to the ground to check, like children on the playground, under the fenders, under the floor, with various measuring machines, the words that came out of the mouth were, impossible, incredible, never seen before, especially the Germans. But it's logical, after all it doesn't take much to understand if a floor is redone or original, it takes longer to understand if a paint job is original or not, maybe then there are tools that help to understand.
This is a truly special car. Good luck. And I think your asking price is realistic. I have never seen an unrestored carb CSL (I've only seen 3 or 4 ever!)

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Now you've done it. Had to go find my 'Admin Hat,' was in the good CSL. :D Let's all take a breath and step back. Comments on cars that impart knowledge or informed opinion are the bed rock of this site and are always welcome.
People can also provide uninformed opinions too but don't be surprised if/when called out by those who are informed and also don't be surprised if moderators take a light touch - that's what we love about our site - right?

I'm inserting myself into this as I know Mario and his car. Both are highly original appreciating classics and we are lucky to have them here. This car has been featured in multiple publications/forums. Those unfamiliar with the car should do some googling. That's not the main reason I'm stepping in. English isn't Mario's first language and it's unfair to make uninformed comments (that may also hurt his sale prospects), the poor guy is also probably having to translate some of these posts before responding, which I think is pretty uncool - that's a legal term too.

It's a vendor's right to advertise however they want. If a potential buyer doesn't like that then either swallow your pride and ask serious questions to inform your potential purchase.

Or simply walk away.

No scratch that.

Put down the keyboard, lock it in a cupboard, turn off the WiFi and then walk away from your home office or whatever that's probably 1000+ miles from Sicily. :D

Now you've done it. Had to go find my 'Admin Hat,'

oh, good !
so you needed to put on your admin hat to back your opinion ?
sounds like abuse of power

@dang this is what we have moderators for ?

@Wes English isn't my first language and it's unfair to push me this hard, should i complain too ?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
This conversation is fine if we all just look at it that way. I don't see any rude or inappropriate comments here because I look at things from both sides. Relax and enjoy how fortunate we are to be talking about these special cars.

I'm heading out the door to have surgery. Nothing serious, but a reminder of priorities and how this conversion fits into my day.

Dan

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beautiful car!! Love the color and the provenance!

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interestingly, the front chin panel does not have the 2 openings for the bumper mount to go through.

Sure we all l know many csl's were a no-bumper car, so it's logic that it looks like this. But it means BMW must have made special pressings without the 2 vertical slits, just for small number of CSL's.
Or could they just have skipped that metal hole cutting/pressing step?

I never realized this chin part existed like that.

(Good chance I'm going to learn something here...)

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would feel bad about taking this car through the Starbucks drive-thru, so unfortunately I must remove myself from being a player here. Beautiful car, bellissimo!

Christoph

Reaction score
At the Retro Classics Stuttgart 2023 the CSL Club presented an unrestored CSL with carburettors, Golf, Italian delivery. That car came back to Germany a long time ago to a collector who knows what he is buying, so correct and very nice. Having said that: the pictures of Mario's car are not very good and I understand why but still it seems it is almost a class of its own.

mario csl giallo golf

Site Donor
Reaction score
At the Retro Classics Stuttgart 2023 the CSL Club presented an unrestored CSL with carburettors, Golf, Italian delivery. That car came back to Germany a long time ago to a collector who knows what he is buying, so correct and very nice. Having said that: the pictures of Mario's car are not very good and I understand why but still it seems it is almost a class of its own.
do you know in VIN that of the unrestored CSL with carburettors, Golf, Italian delivery presented at the Retro Classics in Stuttgart 2023 or the Italian license plate? I know almost all the Italian CSLs, but also many foreign ones, very few Italian ones with this other difference, lights and direction indicator in the same white light for the light and Orange for the direction indicator, specific for the Italian market only, the spare part number is 63131811109 for the left and 63131811110 for the right, while the orange ones for all other states, the spare part number is 63131811099 for the left and 63131811100 for the right, mine still has the original ones from the first use, with the BMW logo, which cannot be found.

Attachments

• feccia E9 Italia logo evid.jpg
    feccia E9 Italia logo evid.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 27

mario csl giallo golf

Site Donor
Reaction score
This conversation is fine if we all just look at it that way. I don't see any rude or inappropriate comments here because I look at things from both sides. Relax and enjoy how fortunate we are to be talking about these special cars.

I'm heading out the door to have surgery. Nothing serious, but a reminder of priorities and how this conversion fits into my day.

Dan
I hope your little surgery solved your problem, Happy recovery

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
do you know in VIN that of the unrestored CSL with carburettors, Golf, Italian delivery presented at the Retro Classics in Stuttgart 2023 or the Italian license plate? I know almost all the Italian CSLs, but also many foreign ones, very few Italian ones with this other difference, lights and direction indicator in the same white light for the light and Orange for the direction indicator, specific for the Italian market only, the spare part number is 63131811109 for the left and 63131811110 for the right, while the orange ones for all other states, the spare part number is 63131811099 for the left and 63131811100 for the right, mine still has the original ones from the first use, with the BMW logo, which cannot be found.
...I've got two of these Italian glasses on offer for a while, the one for the drivers side with the BMW logo:
20240525_122203.jpg
Nobody wants them
Thomas

Last edited: