bmw e9 in Sicily

Stan

Reaction score
very nice!
Please take a moment to register these cars at the CS Registry (see along the black bar at the top for link)

molto bene!

shanon

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Do you own the 73 GS Tuning's Targa Florio car?!
Came across those two pics years ago and wondered what became of it.

if so, would love to laern more about it and the event.

thank you
-shanon

Strato102

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Do you own the 73 GS Tuning's Targa Florio car?!
Came across those two pics years ago and wondered what became of it.

if so, would love to laern more about it and the event.

thank you
-shanon
I will second that!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Famiglia BMW cresce, si aggiungono due nuovi arrivati, csi e gs touning Targa Florio 1973
So are all 3 of these yours? Very nice! I really like that black one, it is so rare to see a black coupe (BMW Schwartz) is it? if I recall from my 2002 days. Even those are rare in black. More pictures when you get a chance please and some history on these cars, looks like they have a lot to tell.

Yannick

Reaction score
The black coupé and the yellow GS Tuning coupé is the same car ( 3L carb'd engine, ZF gearbox etc...).

The black livery is the "last" livery of the car when modified in the 70s

If I remember well, the car was the property of a FIAT dealer in Sicily.

An interesting car but in need of a full / restoration.

Congrats !

Reaction score
Yannick exact the black coupe and the Blue - Yellow with sponsors Etienne Aigner, it is the same car. BLUE Yellow beginning of his career, at the Targa Florio. Black finally in 1981 the hill climb Mount Bonifato Alcamo .. It was a Ford dealer, bad memories. Today is mine, in the company of my CSL 2212442, never restored and preserved, to a CSI of 73, several 2002 including a Turbo awaiting restoration. (I try some spare parts, you have something). The CS GS TUNING is waiting for a restoration, but nothing great, the car is solid, no rust. I saw your restorations, very challenging, given the rust present on your bmw csl 30 221172402. remember very well zf 5-speed gearbox, limited slip differential, dry sump. I think carry the livery of the Targa Florio.
Mario

Reaction score
So are all 3 of these yours? Very nice! I really like that black one, it is so rare to see a black coupe (BMW Schwartz) is it? if I recall from my 2002 days. Even those are rare in black. More pictures when you get a chance please and some history on these cars, looks like they have a lot to tell.
the black and the blue and yellow are the same car, one at the beginning of his career, when he raced in the Targa Florio in 1973, look at photos,
http://www.targapedia.com/album_targa_florio/1969_1977/1973/TARGA FLORIO 1973 - BMW/index.html
the black at the end of his career.

shanon

Reaction score
Great Targa gallery!
Thanks for sharing.

Love the bungee cord hood straps, classic.
+1 for going with the Targa livery.

Keep us posted on the project and extend an invitation to the Facebook group - "BMW E9" ;-)