BMW E9 with chassis E39 M5

alanmcg

Reaction score
more pics

here are some more pics of this beautiful frankenstein. http://www.fxgraphix.de/mko/bmw-v8/bmw-cs-m5.html

front air dam, recaros, complete rear bumper (sven), but i gotta admit that a couple of the side profiles dont look that great, even to me - sublte changes to the front and rear skirts detract from the coupes near perfect aesthetics. but i am still waiting to hear back from them if the car is for sale. will keep you all posted.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Main flaw: Keine toolbox!

The whole thing seems like "car skins" to personalize yours, just like phones.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Painting the rocker covers black would probably help a bit. The coupe tends to look too tall when the rocker is the same as the body color, IMHO. The rear skirt it what I think does not work so well.

It is pretty amazing how the entire engine bay fit so nicely within the front fender rain gutters.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think that new interior of this car really spoiled the concept. Does not look right. Just my opinion.

pamp

Reaction score
Hold on

As we say in the trades " all is do-able as long as you are willing to throw s-pots of money at it" Sometimes you can reach a level with the coupe when you have to back off and just drive. Regardless.

johanaxelson

Reaction score
I dropped them a quick question or two about the car.

The length is the same as the original it seems. Edit : conformed to be E9 long and E39 wide.

The cost for one would be 150k Euro (2000 hours metalwork and 800 electrics and finish)

They will how it at the Essen Motor Show.

Rgds,

Johan

Original reply :

das Fahrzeug hat den kompletten Unterboden des BMW M5 E39.

Unterboden und Kofferraum auf E9-Abmessungen gekürzt.

ð 2000 Stunden Blecharbeit und 800 Stunden Endmontage / Elektrik

ð Kosten € 150.000,-

Wir stellen das Fahrzeug auf der „Essen Motor Show“ aus.

Last edited:

alanmcg

Reaction score
wow!

$205k plus import costs?!? that is a relief - im not even tempted at that number.

Rob750

Reaction score
So agree with Lorenzos comments the car is crying out for a more understated exhaust system and alpinas . I would not like to drive it in the UK with the state of our roads no suspension travel . Would love to see it in the flesh though;)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
150.000€ :shock: CRAZY !

Little calculation:

BMW M5 E39 for 9000€ = http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=cayktotp4jkv

BMW E9 wrecker for 1500€ = http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=v4p4gtljmgyf

2000 hours of welding in Romania a´ 20€ = 40000€

800 hours finish a´ 70€ in Germany = 56.000€

Total 106.500€

Good profit of 43500€..............:mrgreen:

Well according to the Kyoto convention the last substantial transformation of that product would have occurred in Romania, so you would have an expensive Romanian BMW.

Mario L.

Reaction score
If some one here in the USA really wants one, we're game. I would love the project and would create something as well engineered.

I agree with John B's comment, I doubt this chassis is as rigid as the e39 donor . . There's a bit more metal needed that what they used to create stiffness.

And it might be easier to do this with a V8 M3.

Mario L.

www.VSR1.com

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alright Alanmgc, the challenge has been accepted!
I have the popcorn ready and am waiting to see what Mario can cook up for you.
Goof luck to all.

If some one here in the USA really wants one, we're game. I would love the project and would create something as well engineered.

I agree with John B's comment, I doubt this chassis is as rigid as the e39 donor . . There's a bit more metal needed that what they used to create stiffness.

And it might be easier to do this with a V8 M3.

Mario L.

www.VSR1.com

alanmcg

Reaction score
we'll see

if this happens, (and as i stated early in this thread, i am only a buyer at a number around a new m5), there will be lots to think about re the details of the build. having driven a 74 e9 almost every day for the last year or so, im not sure on the interior - the orig seats leave much to be desired - beautiful? yes, supportive/comfortable on long drives? not so much. same for instrumentation. full instrumentation, modern diagnostics, nav and stereo system in the console, etc, would all be a plus to me, but would be hard to give up the varnished walnut - i guess this would be one of the many challenges for mario if he chooses to take on the project.

the one thing that wont be hard to decide on? the color. FINALLY i would get my nauchtblau coupe!!

hey bubikitty, if you are still interested in my fjord coupe, stay tuned, could be up for sale :)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great, I can be on the board of advisors to make sure the window motors are improved, the clock is not sensitive to temperature, and the headlights are fused and relayed.

I may buy one if it costs around a used m5.