Bosch D Jet part numbers

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Has anybody established a source like a Bosch distributor and have Bosch cross part numbers for the following parts? I've located one so far, the Bosch replacement for the $294 BMW priced air temp sensor for $30.94. Believe that?

13 62 1 353 331 air temp sensor
13 63 1 360 678 pressure sensor
61 31 1 354 858 cold start relay
61 31 9 059 177 relay starter motor
13 63 1 358 436 throttle valve switch
13 64 1 352 719 injector
61 12 1 356 010 wiring harness

Any help appreciated
Dan

Honolulu

Reaction score
worm your way in

Dan seems to me that the best source of info on this is the Bosch catalog. I have an old version of their catalog though not here with me in the office and it lists cross references for quite a bit of their "common" stuff. Since the catalog seems to be prepared for the retailer, I don't recall if it gets into the more complicated parts you mention.

Have you contacted a Bosch distributor to ask them? May have to do this through someone who does wholesale business, such as the counter person at your local import supplier.

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've emailed a number of Bosch distributor/dealers but have not yet received any positive replies. I just thought maybe someone has gone thru this and can help us all who are cursed with the love of a car with an antiquated injection system like the Bosch D Jetronic. May God have mercy on our souls.

bengal taiga

Reaction score
swappable D-Jet parts

Dear coupeguy, The German Bosch site lists all the parts for the e-9 Djet.

http://www.automotive-tradition.de/de/wissen/ausruestungslisten/media/listen/MF0666.pdf

It is possible that the site has a cross reference section but I am not aware of it. The harder way might be for you to search each vehicle known to have used the same setup and see if any of the numbers are the same.As you are likely aware, Porsche 914s, mercedes, citroen, VW and Volvo all used some iteration of the D-Jet. Many of the parts are interchangeable although slight differences may exist. I went through this about 15 years ago and my notes are long gone. A friendly mercedes parts counterman was fairly helpful at the time

Of course you could always consult a hollander manual, but when I last checked, it was of little value for these “older” models. I seem to recall someone put together a list of "secret" swappable BMW parts years ago for $$$. I think I also have seen a similar list printed in Italian. If I had either one, I would volunteer them, but alas, I do not.

As a last resort, you could probably just google each number you have and see what comes up.

Hate to have you reinvent the wheel, but perhaps you can share the fruits of your search when you are finished.

Good luck.

Malc

Reaction score
Last time I was in my local Bosch place (Taylors in Aberdeen) they pulled an old dusty parts book and we had a rummage... This was about a year ago but most bits are available, were available, some numbers have changed.
D-jet was also used on a few other cars. The only one I remember is the Peugeot 504 GTi so there are other sources I suspect.
Malc

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Officially imported to USA D Jet users were-

71-72 Mercedes 280E
72 Mercedes 300
72-75 Mercedes 450/450E
70's Merkur XR4Ti
70-73 Porsche 914
70-74 Saab 99EMS
70's Volvo 1800E
71-74 Volvo 140E
70's Volvo 164E
71-73 VW type 3 and 4

From- "Bosch Fuel Injection and Engine Management" by Charles O Probst
Covers theory of operation to performance tuning. You probably have it already....good read for gearheads.

Can't help with BMW/Bosch part# translation. Knock on wood, no need yet!...Good Luck! Results should be posted to tech section.

Bertocchi

Reaction score
I found this note in the archives and wanted to revive it. I found some part numbers listed for a Renault 17 with D Jetronic and am trying to compare them with others. I would like to contribute a definative part number page to the technical archive on this Forum. Note; these are bosch numbers not BMW.

1 Electric fuel pump 0 580 960 007
2 Fuel filter ??
3 Pressure regulator 0 280 160 001
4 Fuel injector 0 280 150 016
5 Cold start injector 0 280 170 013
6 Distributor JFUX 4 0 231 163 064
7 Pressure sensor 0 280 100 031
8 Auxiliary air control 0 280 140 019
9 Throttle switch 0 280 120 011
10 Air temperature sensor 0 280 130 016
11 Coolant temperature sensor 0 280 130 014
12 Temperature time switch 0 280 130 201
13 Ignition / starter switch --
14 Control box 0 280 000 025
15 Main relay --
16 Fuel Pump relay 0 332 003 014
17 Auxiliary air vacuum valve (just
on some models) 0 280 160 106
18 Cold start relay 0 332 003 028

I would welcome comments and corrections.

Last edited:

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
From Bosch doc

I got these Bosch numbers from a 160 page PDF of Bosch FI parts, called: "VEHICLE COMPONENT APPLICATIONS"

BMW 3.0 CSi, CSL 07.71 - 03.76 M30 B30 6 cyl.3.0L D-Jetronic
(And same numbers for the Euro d-jet 3.0SI)

Injector Valve 0 280 150 043
Fuel Pump 0 580 364 002
Pressure Sensor 0 280 100 030
Pressure Regulator 0 280 160 007
Control Unit 0 280 001 007
Fuel Filter F5002
Coolant Temp. Sensor. 0 280 130 014
Thermo-Time Switch 0 280 130 218 > 6/73
Air Temp. Sensor 0 280 130 006
Cold Start Valve
0 280 170 010 > 9/71
0 280 170 024 10/71 >
Auxiliary Air Valve 0 280 140 018
Throttle Valve Sensor 0 280 120 035
Jetronic Relay 0 332 003 021
Injector Trigger Points 1 230 090 011

I've lost track of web link, but can email a copy of PDF if you would like info on other vehicles.
Paul

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bosch d-jet manual - anybody have? Calling Britain?

It seems Bosch published a service guide in English specific to BMW d-jet cars"

"After sales service instructions. Testing and repair"
A picture I found on web is attached.

If anyone has a line on this it would great if we could share. (Or I'd be happy to purchase and make a PDF to share)

I have a copy in German, but it seems there is an English version, and a 2nd edition at that

Attachments

• $_3 (41).JPG
    $_3 (41).JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 231

12doplumbing

Reaction score
Thank you.
Wow, it's working... Copying numbers and searching and coming up with right stuff.
Sh__, did you know the little cold start valve is 650 bucks?

Bosch Fuel Injection Cold Start Valve
$698.71 from eBay - nercauto
BRAND NEW Item BOSCH ® OEM Fuel Injection Cold Start Valve* Condition New Q'ty 1 Country of Origin Multiple countries of origin** *Distributed by ...

Pelican has the pressure regulator for $90... But I think that is a more common fi necessity for more than D-Jet models, right?

Pressure Reg, [More Info] Brand: Bosch Brand: X
Note: We can't confirm this part will fit your car (no vehicle has been selected).

0-280-160-007-INT
$90.00

Thanks again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 260

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is this any help?

http://www.sehlin.com/cscoupe/tech/dljet/dljet.pdf

It seems Bosch published a service guide in English specific to BMW d-jet cars"

"After sales service instructions. Testing and repair"
A picture I found on web is attached.

If anyone has a line on this it would great if we could share. (Or I'd be happy to purchase and make a PDF to share)

I have a copy in German, but it seems there is an English version, and a 2nd edition at that

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you Steve! I had located the d-jet and L- jet doc you pointed me to, and it is quite useful.
Now what I'm trying to locate is the BMW specific d-jet manual from Bosch.

I did notice Windnsea had a post mentioning what I think is manual I'm looking for, so sending a PM.
Paul

Last edited:

pmansson

Reaction score
What parts do you need?

I have several CSI cars but while I have replaced lots of other parts on the cars, the FI system seems to just run and run... The cold start valve is the exception. These can seize with age and depending on storage conditions.
Which parts of the system is causing you problems?

12doplumbing

Reaction score
Pmansson: I don't know which part of the FI system is causing me problems. When I bought the car last month, accelerating through second and third would have hesitations/skips/coughs - just one, like it lost power momentarily. It was also dieseling when I shut off the ignition. Sitting for a few days, then starting her up: what looked like oil, but more probably fuel and carbon, would shoot out onto my shop floor and she would smoke a bit.
I knew/know almost nothing about the motors that were in my childhood fantasy car prior to this purchase; did no research prior to purchasing, and was pretty much an aimless consumer jumping before testing the depth of the river, if you know what I mean. I bugged Sfdon and a few others with swap threads and performance questions, and pretty much kept buying tune up components and installing with hopes the coughing/stuttering would cease. I read and read, thread after thread, then read again hoping some of the components would sound familiar the second and third time. I printed out tons of D-Jet stuff and have it sitting next to my TV controls like it was/is the homework I should be doing instead of the sports I end up watching.
I changed the cap, rotor, plugs, plug wires, coil, radiator and hoses, thermostat, water temperature sensor, oil temperature sensor, fuel filter, air filter, bought a starter, and replaced the incredibly hard to get to ground on the fire wall, ground at battery to body, and wherever ground wires connected I R&Red these connection points, checked every wire lead... I found one wire lead to cylinder 1 injector very brittle and possibly broken from the male connector into the injector. I thought I could've found my culprit here; was ecstatic, and grateful to the author of the thread or response which lead me to this point.
* I reconnected this lead to the injector and went out for a test drive (new coil, and plugs.... First time out since...): aaaalmost made it. Went up to around 4500 rpms in second and third a couple of times with no coughing or hesitation anywhere. Got crazy happy - because I'm an idiot who hasn't even made it to the shade of a tree before. Then it coughed a little; just barely. And again - hardly noticeable, but it was there. She didn't diesel entirely, but didn't seem to turn immediately; died a sighing breath first...
I went back and read some of the stuff I was supposed to read and surmised that my distributor could be the culprit. I ordered two distributor caps that were supposed to be for my '73 3.0csi but both were too small of a cap. So I went down to Napa and they found the right one, but needed to order the points. I went back and took a picture of my distributor with the cap off, and another member identified the Pertronics system in it! So no points! And this member said to make sure that my Pertronics was supplied with a full 12volts before the ballast to the coil -- which in my case it wasn't supplied prior to this ballast, so I thought that was genius.
I didn't get to take here back out, though. By the time I found this Pertronics and 12v supply issue, I had already removed my intake to get to my injectors. I removed the injectors and fedexed them to Fuel Injection Corp a couple of days ago. This was Sfdon's recommendation. They will rebuild what needs rebuilding and send them back by Tuesday/Wednesday.
So, if you have read this far (sorry), you now know the answer to the question of what is wrong; I don't know. I don't know where the Cold Start valve is! I did find the pressure regulator though, and ordered a new one as well as the little sensor which I think measures air temperature. I'm ordering whatever is available and have received almost all; vacuum lines, fuel lines, gaskets, and it's all ready for me --
I quit/stopped before I broke something; when trying to get to the damned starter bolt (thought I'd start with something easy while I wait for my injectors) I found I lacked either the coordination, hand size, strength or appropriate short socket! I don't want to remove more of my intake system (where the injectors mount); some of the nuts will come out, others not so easy -- but I think I have to in order to get the stupid starter out. That's where I am; stuck on the easy task.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 197

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pertronix says if you have a resistor don't bypass it. If you have a blue coil than yes, bypass is needed or you won't get full voltage.