Brake Fluid Sensor

TG-2002-320i-328ci

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Whilst doing my biannual brake fluid flush, my brake fluid reservoir cap and float came apart. I ordered an ATE Brake Master Cylinder Cap; w/ Level Sensor as a replacement (which does not have a filter screen like the original).

Now I find myself unable to separate the wiring from the old cap. I don't want to brute force it for fear of destroying the 50-yearr old connector.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• BFReservoir.jpg
    BFReservoir.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 35

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The wiring has female connectors that pull out from the top plastic section. Grab the wires as close to the plastic as possible and pull them out.

TG-2002-320i-328ci

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The wiring has female connectors that pull out from the top plastic section. Grab the wires as close to the plastic as possible and pull them out.
A hard pull and they were out. I was expecting the plastic portion to come off with both wires attached, but your method was correct. The new cap does not have the rectangular plastic interface, just the male connectors. May have to heat shrink the exposed portions of those.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 477611351B.jpg
    477611351B.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 44

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The insulation over the female connectors on the wires should cover those male connectors completely when installed. You shouldn't need additional insulation.