Cars you want to add to your garage

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve hose:talk about a rare BMW to own, a friend of mine just acquired a 72 2002 Ti. Absolutely pristine. Brought in from Canada. Will let you know if he wants to sell!
I tried to buy one off BaT a couple months ago but the other bidder wouldn’t go way soon enough.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, I was thinking about selling my coupe and buying a new GT4 but I've decided I just can't let her go. So now I'm going to be listing my euro six on BaT and planning on getting a nice 6 speed Cayman if things go well. This one was listed yesterday, l love the color combo!

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, I was thinking about selling my coupe and buying a new GT4 but I've decided I just can't let her go. So now I'm going to be listing my euro six on BaT and planning on getting a nice 6 speed Cayman if things go well. This one was listed yesterday, l love the color combo!

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Back around 1989 I had the chance to buy a silver Duetto spyder for $1700 but passed because someone had removed the chrome bumpers and replaced them with black tubular push bars. A rueful memory of loss.
I’ve been looking for second chance ever since.

113FEA3C-0C98-45A1-A840-89AFD40EDEC6.jpeg

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd like a Datsun 510 that is hopped up. I also love that Red Alfa Coupe a couple of pages back. A LHD perfect SG9 Forester STI clone with a 6 speed would also be on my list rather than my tired autobox one. I'll add an Acura GSR Type R in White. If I happen across a Yamaha RD350LC for a good price I could make an impulse buy.
Best if I buy Nothing. Certainly happy how the cars I do own are worth more than I paid for the most part... for now.

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A '55 Corvette. The 265 V8, the manual transmission and no torque tube driveshaft make it the ultimate the '53-55 Vette. Now, slip in a 409 rear axle, bore and stoke the 265, slip in an Isky cam, dual point distributor, port and polish the head, shave it a bit. Ready to rock and roll.

CSL177

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@deQuincey : not picking the impossible, are we? ;)

Pegaso was one of those marques that seemed so unlikely from the start (sorta like Lamborghini) but the cars are amazing. No two are really alike, and not that many were produced. Of the four Z102 sports I've seen up close, one raced at Monterey Historics several times. The engines have a distinctive flat-plane crank rap-rap and notable gear whine from the DOHC drives. Pretty fancy stuff from a truck manufacturer.

Monterey 052 (2).jpg

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure how the thread got split, so I'll reply to the OP who started the discussion. Good topic @bluecoupe30! :)

Like most of us, I've owned many cars but always had unfulfilled dreams... in my case a '67 Ferrari 330 GTC or Lusso. The Lusso for pure style, but either are among the most usable Ferraris of the period. For someone that has always driven their cars as daily transportation, that's important. But sadly, those kept getting just out of reach, so we've resolved to pursue a different Italian. Which also happen to be extraordinary values as well, considering their build quality and technically advanced design. Mid-'60s Lancias.

For the past year I have been actively searching for a Lancia 2.8 3b Pininfarina Coupe. We've owned Mercedes W111 coupes, and everything in our modest stable is German: '64 VW Samba, '63 T34, '62 356S Notchback, '67 911S, '68 911 Targa, '68 Mercedes 280SL, '70 914/6 GT, '85 Euro M635, plus a couple of BMW 700s. Our pursuit of something Italian goes way back, but getting older re-focused priorities. Similar in essence to the 280 SE coupe we once owned, Flaminia's display conservative Pininfarina styling and like the big Merc, are easy to get in and out of. Arthritis sucks! So currently I have an agent beating the bushes in Europe and hope to secure a fine example by mid-winter. I think it was Martin Swig who said one should never own more cars than you can keep batteries charged for ready use. Good advice... ultimately, the sports cars will be sold as I get too old to drive them, and the right number for us is 7: a different car for each day of the week.

Anyway, behold the automotive equivalent of a classic Brioni sport coat:

View attachment 130645
Motorcargallery near us had an impeccably done Flaminia coupe in black about five years ago. Ask was in the 70s at the time. Wonder where the car is now? Did you see the one that was RNM on BaT a few weeks back? Formerly of Donald Osborne? I heard it sold post block.

CSL177

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, was the second high bidder on Osbourne's old car but a glitch caused my $70K bid to not go through, and for the rest of that afternoon and the following two days I could neither post on the site or contact anyone. Frustrating because the following day the deal was announced. Still don't get being locked out of the site, I've been a member since 2007. It was well bought, the 2014 restoration has held up very well, so kudos to the new owner.

Regardless, that car is a 2.5 3B, and the model we're searching for is the 2.8 3B. Price point is a tiny bit more but still very reasonable for what they are.

Very knowledgeable people in Europe are searching for us, so patience will ultimately be rewarded.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
A '55 Corvette. The 265 V8, the manual transmission and no torque tube driveshaft make it the ultimate the '53-55 Vette. Now, slip in a 409 rear axle, bore and stoke the 265, slip in an Isky cam, dual point distributor, port and polish the head, shave it a bit. Ready to rock and roll.

I love the 55s, but alas, at 6' 3", can't fit into a C1.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would rather renovate the old garage I have on the property first. If I added a car to my garage now I'd have to get rid of something. :)
Well that's the thing. Space. I have found myself moving to larger properties just to get room for a garage or shop. Or a shop with a chance to extend an overhanging carport type roof for, well, overflow. On a small hobby farm now. Last stop. Gotta make this work. I have my hands full with projects, and am grateful I do not have a hanger-sized building on the property. ;) So, if you renovate, consider the carport-type extension off one side. Just my experience.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well that's the thing. Space. I have found myself moving to larger properties just to get room for a garage or shop. Or a shop with a chance to extend an overhanging carport type roof for, well, overflow. On a small hobby farm now. Last stop. Gotta make this work. I have my hands full with projects, and am grateful I do not have a hanger-sized building on the property. ;) So, if you renovate, consider the carport-type extension off one side. Just my experience.
A friend has several large garages AND a couple hangers. At one time he had over 150 cars.

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Hi Dang
I think your friend with the 150 cars has the coronavirus ….
… Sorry I meant to say your friend has the Car Owner Virus .
Doctors haven’t found a cure for that yet !
;):);)
May I make a t-shirt out of that? Too funny. I’ve found myself buying shipping containers and recently a hangar just to keep cars and other collected stuff in. I’ve realized that I’m seriously effected. Funnier yet, I’ve become an enabler to other car-owner- virus patients by letting them hide their cars at my places.