Chamonix CSL

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've recently bought some very cool mid sixties slot car stuff from a guy who lives very close to me. He's recently retired from restoring mainly English cars and has a very impressive collection of cars including a drop dead gorgeous DB3. I've been to his workshop twice and I really could spend days in there looking at all of his amazing cars, models, artwork, etc... What's crazy is that I lived less than a half a mile from him for 11 years and we've never crossed paths before.

Anyway, he used to own this CSL back in the day. He sold it a few years ago to someone from the Portland area. I've never seen the car before, maybe one of our members now owns it.

Before anyone asks, he didn't remember the vin.:)
IMG_1871.jpg

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Being that it’s a RHD Csl and there can’t be many of those in the US, might be easier to locate.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If he can remember the number plate you might then be able to do a VIN search.
Given it's a RHD, assuming City Pack they only made 500.
Anybody know how many in this colour?

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
It must have been a very long time ago when this person owned it, I would guess at least 25 years ago. I purchased in about 20010/2011 from Lothar Schuttler in Maryland (some will know him and his great collection) and he owned it for a good while. It was a place holder for me until I found a better RHD CSL, which I did a little while ago, a nice Taiga green.

Last year although it wasn't for sale, I had a dealer in the UK drive me nuts to sell him a car, although my plan with this was to put it in auction, I even spoke to Goodings about it and said I would be selling it when the Taiga car was ready - the UK dealer persuaded me to part with it early and it has now travelled back to its original home.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lothar has some beautiful cars - a gorgeous polaris 3.0cs, the black 328 is incredible. these are just the ones that i have had the privilege of seeing. last time i saw him was at amelia with his 328 on display

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lothar has some beautiful cars - a gorgeous polaris 3.0cs, the black 328 is incredible. these are just the ones that i have had the privilege of seeing. last time i saw him was at amelia with his 328 on display
Agreed Scott, his cars are gorgeous, thats why I was happy to purchase from him.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for all of info guys! I'll share this with him the next time I see him and get a better time line of when he owned it.

Here's a video of his DB3 Prototype that he recently sold after owning it for years...

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
A few more pieces of its history Vince.

I loved the original service book with stamps, so rare over here, but expected back home, also the recorded mileage records, just nice pieces of history on a car . Also the cancelled old green log book, shows first owner as dealership and then in 1975 sold to a private individual Brian David.

Its at Plymouth docks in picture below in 1979, so maybe thats when it left the UK.

image004.jpg
IMG_6964.jpeg
IMG_6961.jpeg

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
A few more pieces of its history Vince.

I loved the original service book with stamps, so rare over here, but expected back home, also the recorded mileage records, just nice pieces of history on a car . Also the cancelled old green log book, shows first owner as dealership and then in 1975 sold to a private individual Brian David.

Its at Plymouth docks in picture below in 1979, so maybe thats when it left the UK.

View attachment 57625 View attachment 57626 View attachment 57627

It's very cool to see all of that documentation! Thanks Peter!!