sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
electric fan

While we're talking cooling fans, is there anyone out there running an electric fan only?
this is my intention unless you guys can give me good reason not to. (added advantage of a couple of extra HP :)

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got going on version 3 tonight and fell at the first fence. The pump I ordered has offset mounting holes drilled whereas the pump on the car has equally spaced holes. Did I order the wrong pump or do I need a different pulley?

Thanks,

Rohan

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
1473548512399.jpg

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got going on version 3 tonight and fell at the first fence. The pump I ordered has offset mounting holes drilled whereas the pump on the car has equally spaced holes. Did I order the wrong pump or do I need a different pulley?

I have the opposite problem. I'd trade pumps with you if you weren't across the Atlantic. The pump I have appears to be new and has equally spaced holes, so I assume the one you need is available. I'm just going to drill additional holes in the pulley.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
use your existing connections w/ the 9 blade just grind down the mount housing just so the blots are clear and use the m5 pulley
ill poist pic in the morning
here it is theres a whole inch of clearance

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    784.3 KB · Views: 207
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    636.8 KB · Views: 192
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 179
  • f5.jpg
    f5.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 186

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
used the oem pump w/ equal sq holes
get the other pump simple and clean
also have triple core radiator from the oem one
just add another row

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Alan, I'm on the 11 blade now which needs a threaded male stub on the water pump. I need to get a later pulley or resting this one it seems. Not sure what your photos above are showing or if they are for my benefit?

Nice engine!

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Layne, does your pump have a part number I could then search for?

Thanks,

Rohan

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Layne, does your pump have a part number I could then search for?

Thanks,

Rohan

I believe it's just the standard E9 part. It does not have the threaded stub for your 11 blade fan, one reason I went electric-only. I doubt that any pump exists with the threaded stub AND equally spaced holes, but I don't know that for sure.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess I'll grab a pulley to match or drill this one. Half tempted to put the original back on!

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well guys, I put the 5 blade back on tonight. The clearance is tight suggesting none of the upgrades will work for me. My old clutch worked fine when tested. I have the black 9 blade on my other car and it works but is very tight!