Copart BMW finds...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
How do these cars end up at a copart auction?

This was an "offsite" auction, meaning that the car wasn't at Copart. They might be familiar with Copart and wanted to try selling it there because it's fairly easy to export through Copart processes, which brings international buyers. It's a clean title car so it would be like any of us selling a car there.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
98834AA9-83DF-4DFA-848E-C10F0492E4AD.jpeg
Mechanic’s lien?

https://www.copart.com/lot/23270669

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow - some good finds there. That 323 looks like it would be a blast to toss around if it cleans up.

EDIT: It occurs to me that if I had more means, and more space, I would have way too many projects in the works.

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you look past some really rough items, this looks like a pretty cool car, Dan. Say, what is up with the top of the dash under the wind shield? It almost looks like it is all distorted and warped. Fire under the dash?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Say, what is up with the top of the dash under the wind shield? It almost looks like it is all distorted and warped. Fire under the dash?

If you go to the auction page and click on the "HD" at the bottom of the photo you can zoom in. These cars were notorious for dashes coming apart in the sunlight/heat. Leather or faux-leather.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks! I was using the HD feature, but looking at the images on my phone (which probably erases any higher definition). Wow - it is really wonky (the dash). Still cool, though...

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Coworker and I debated the purpose of the front side clamps on that E12 the other day — camera bases, worst hood fasteners ever, diplomatic flag posts, gun mounts, something for towing or storage we didn’t understand?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Coworker and I debated the purpose of the front side clamps on that E12 the other day — camera bases, worst hood fasteners ever, diplomatic flag posts, gun mounts, something for towing or storage we didn’t understand?
All great options Jay. I can't decide a favorite.