Coupe Pics

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here are some pics of fellow e9coupe member PJ's beautiful 70's CSi, his 80's 3 series race car and 90's M3. PJ is an expatriate of England and now resides near the Beautiful surf city of Santa Cruz, California, about 100 miles south of San Francisco.

75b29ec60e14ca1206b7b77d33f5af0d.jpg

322b187050aef129811d79b160819acb.jpg

11b18edfb61fbefa2950f6d13fce539d.jpg

644dfb03367fa9d0a1ec339d7575e29f.jpg

pj

Reaction score
Ed
the wheels are 16" staggered weds , they were on the car when I got it, at first I didn't like them but they have grown on me. They are pretty unique what with the gold centers and all.

PJ

AndyM

Reaction score
Look what appeared on my local Craigslist today:

20d522ff6c44f78a593f3d32e67a9af7.jpg

Coincidence? I think not. For $200 I couldn't resist. They'll look great on my coupe once I have them refinished.

pj

Reaction score
fate is a wonderful thing, enjoy em I have seen them with black centers or silver, both look cool

PJ

Misterchinn

Reaction score
I noticed that PJ has the same problem as me, after the P.O. replaced the '74 bumpers with Euro's we have way more license plate lights than necessary. Does anyone know if it's hard to get the aluminum piece that doesn't have the lights and what a source might be?

Sorry to hijack your thread, thought I'd ask here since a picture is worth a thousand words! And your are great by the way!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
License Plate Light Covers

If you mean the plastic chrome covers on the bumper on `73 and later US coupes, I waited three years before finding a pair on eBay a few months ago for $12. No one seems to hang on to these, they just put replacement Hella lights in the bumper openings.

Malc

Reaction score
I'm confused (No surprise there then)
The rear numberplate lights that are fitted in the European bumper are very common and used in several BMWs including the 2002

The ones bolted to the rear valance as per the pictures must be a US thing only. To eliminate them you will need a new centre trim piece, or fill the holes

or are you trying to keep them and get rid of the ones in the bumper?

Malc

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rear Bumper Light Covers

Malc,

In `73 on US coupes the lights moved to the rear panel but they didn't change the bumper so they made small plastic covers for where the lights used to be. The Hella lights available today don't look quite like the originals. Finding a rear panel without the holes drilled in them for `73 and later license light is the key (and without extra license plate attaching holes as well).

Malc

Reaction score
Chris,
I have er :oops: several 2002 rear bumpers of which I probably have the bumper fitting lights if 70's originals are required
Let me know
Cheers
Malc

pj

Reaction score
David,
yes the "Plunger" holes were welded up , thankfully , I was contempating putting a bumper on a while back but it would have been a big old project and as KurtD pointed out a few years ago "the bumpers don't really work anyway".
The back license plate lights have never bothered me so that thought has never really crossed my mind. TJ is normally back there trying to catch up(just kidding Buddy).
Thanks for the comments
Merry Christmas
PJ

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Malc, I have the plastic covers and will keep mine stock as a US `73. Someone on this board would probably covet those original lights though!

SteveM

Reaction score
PJ
To hijack the thread again... can you tell what the wheels are please? Notice that you described them as 'weds'. Is that the manufacturer? Are they the same stagger as most people have for their 16" Alpinas?
Great looking car btw.
SteveM

Orangener

Reaction score
SteveM said:
PJ
To hijack the thread again... can you tell what the wheels are please? Notice that you described them as 'weds'. Is that the manufacturer? Are they the same stagger as most people have for their 16" Alpinas?
Great looking car btw.
SteveM

I want to know this too ! If i´m searching for this wheels, in Ebay or so, what keywords do i have to use ? :?:

pj

Reaction score
The wheels were made by a company called weds, they are staggered as per alpinas, They were a us made wheel so probably best bet would be craigslist or e-bay.

pj